1 month of menstrual bleeding, is it because of stress

Its been a month now, my period won't stop, the first week is just spotting with a dark color that assume old blood. My last period is 3weeks, and before that a month with no period. This is my first irregular period. I just move here in US for over a year and since then I gained weight, I just got a full time job last April, and I'm assuming the irregularities of my period started because of stress, because this happened when I got my job.. Any thoughts? Is this connected? Thank you

I moved countries several times and once I didn't get my period for three months. Menstrual irregularities aren't uncommon during such changes. 

A lot of people gain weight when they move to the US. It's often due to all the processed foods and enormous portions over here and the fact that you have to drive to get anywhere, and it' hard to figure it all out! Go back to the way you used to eat and keep exercising. 

If you are still beeding then I think you need to see a doctor. If it's showing no sign of stopping then it warrants a checkup. Talk to your doctor too, about the recent changes in your life. 

Will you keep us posted?

Thank you for the insight, that's what I think also, I'm just worried because this is the first time for me.. I never have any irregularities before. I have my appointment tomorrow, I'll keep you posted. Thank you.

Hypermenorrhea Guide