12 days late, negative urine tests

I could really use some help. I'm 35 and have been regular for several years. My husband and I are trying to have a baby we have not had sex since April 11th. A few weeks after that I had a short, light period. It was pretty unusual for me, mine is usually heavy and close to 5-6 days. Shortly thereafter, I started feeling abdominal pains, I having headaches, and I seem to be urinating more frequently. Now I am 12 days late, I am gaining weight despite a healthy diet and working out. I've taken a urine test 3 days ago and it was negative. I'm tired of spending money on tests. I don't want to drink or work out agressively if I really might be pregnant. I have never had a kid, and I am clueless. Please help!

No problem, that's what we're here for.

Have a grateful day!

Thank you so much for your support. I just started so it looks like it isn't quite time for us yet. Many thanks for taking a moment out of your busy day to help provide guidance. It truly warms my heart. :)

Thank you for sharing your question with the EmpowHER.

Congratulations on your decision to have a baby.  After being 12 days late with two negative home pregnancy test, I see why you are frustrated.  Working out aggressively can cause your menstrual cycle to become irregular. Perhaps you should have another test done by your doctor.  If the results are negative as well (which they probably will be), then you can discuss other potential causes for your symptoms.

I hope this helps,

Be well,