15 Days late.. Not sure if I'm pregnant

By September 2, 2016 - 12:01am

Hi, I'm 15 days late on my period. I missed my period for the month of August completely. My last period was July 11th. I tested 4 times and all are negative tests. I took the tests in the morning with fresh morning pee and I took them days apart. I'm sure I tested right. I have no pregnancy symptoms just tired like always but other than that none really. I just had a baby 9 months ago and he came early. I was 25 weeks and he was born 1lb 110z. I had placenta abruption. I'm scared to be pregnant all over again especially after all that and he was my first baby. He's now a Healthy 25 pounder he's the best. My period has always been on time maybe like 5 to 7 days late the max but never skipped a month ever. Not even after my first pregnancy did my cycle change. My period came back 2 months after I stopped breast feeding and it was a normal cycle. Well this time around my period would last like 8 -9 days longer than before my pregnancy. So we're now in September and period has gone MIA. not sure what to do. Can't go to the doctor no insurance just got canceled. My luck. Definitely not going to the emergency

I was hoping maybe someone has a possible answer. I know your not doctors but advice helps me. I'm going nuts.

Hi LolaLeah

It's not likely you're pregnant if all your tests are negative. I assume you are on birth control? If so you can probably count pregnancy out.

Periods after having a baby can often change. Sometimes they can become less regular and a lot more heavy or some women go back to normal- every woman has a different experience.

This may be the case with you.

If you don't get your period in the next few weeks, however, I encourage you to go to a clinic like Planned Parenthood who can offer help at an affordable price. Those pregnancy tests can get expensive!

Hi Susan Cody, thank you so much for your advice. Noo I'm not currently on birth control so shame on me. I was looking into planned parenthood their awesome. Ohh and yes these test can get very pricey I actually just bought another box and will test tomorrow morning. Still no period. Hopefully it's just a change in my period. Thank you