Q: 

19 days late, negative pregnancy tests - how common is this - women to have low HCG?

By Anonymous February 21, 2011 - 5:10am

Hi

I know the questions have been over-asked but I really need some advice. My last period was 5th Jan and I had unprotected sex on 12th Jan (Day 8th). I am now 19 days late and no sign of my period. My periods are typically 26-30 days and I am very regular - except for the last one which was a week late and only lasted 3-4 days (normally it's 5-6).

Symptoms-wise, I noticed extra discharge few days after period was due and I felt mildly dizzy a few times. Have been waking up a few times a night to pee. Nipples were sore for half a day last week, when I was ten days late. Was at a car showroom with my bf last weekend and felt nauseated by the smell of new leather.

Thing is, I've tested 4 times and it's all negative (last test was today). Am I stressed? Well, kinda, but not anymore than I usually am. Wondering if it's common for some women to just not register enough HCG to get a positive test. Some background: I was pregnant about 7 years ago and I only picked it up after I was 2 months plus. Aborted at 3 months :(

A part of me really hopes I'm pregnant and I keep thinking about it. Please help.

Anonymous

Hi, Can someone help me please.
I'm now 18 days late for my Period, my periods are like Clockwork following a 25-30 day cycle. I've done 2 HPT both were Negative, went to the Doctor yesterday to have either a Urine or Blood test to confirm if i'm pregnant and was refused, he said I should wait and just keep doing HPT after every few days as what they have are no better in detecting hormone levels. I've had no symptons, no sore boobs etc, only thing I've been peeing more than usual, and slight cramping in lower abdomen today. Do you think I could be pregnant? will test again tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed
How

Hello Anon

We can't say if you're pregnant - have you been having unprotected sex around ovulation time? Is so, there is some possibility and for some reason you're not showing up positive on a test.

Pregnancy tests are highly accurate (99%+) and if you're 18 days late, it's very unlikely you're pregnant. The urine tests are the doctor's office as the same as you find in a pharmacy.

If you still don't have your period by next week, ask for a blood test, don't take no for an answer. It's a simple blood draw, I'm not sure why your doctor refused.

Hi Susan,
Thank you for your reply,
Yes we've been trying for the past 4 months now, and only now I've missed my period so got excited that I maybe pregnant l. However I've had another HPT this morning and again shown as 'Not Pregnant'. Ok that's fine I'll wait another week before I go see my doctor again.. it's so frustrating I just want to know if I am or not :( will keep you updated xx

Anonymous

Hiii...
I am now 19 days late on my period Iv done 2 home pregnancy tests and one at the doctors all negative!
My usual cycle is between 28/30 days and my periods have always been regular as I have the app on my phone. I don't feel any different in my self but I'm not stressed or anything am haven't lost or gained weight or been ill, I'm so confused and I go on holiday next week!!
Does anyone know what it could be?

Anonymous

Im 17 days late and all my home pregnancy tests are negative. I had 3 blood tests done and they are negative too. But I have several signs of being pregnant. I have had 6 babies already and I know when something is wrong with my body

Hello Anon

Listen to your body - have a scan done. If there is nothing there, you may be entering peri-menopause causing irregular periods and hormonal changes.

Anonymous

Hi I am 19 days late done 2 pregnancys test they were negative !!!

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Did you do both tests in the morning? Did you use the first urine of the day, that is when you first woke up and used the bathroom?

Have you had unprotected intercourse since your last period?
Are your menstrual cycles regular?

How old are you?
Have you been under more stress? lost or gained a significant amount of weight? been seriously ill? or traveled between time zones?

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello
I have missed my period of 5/17/16 and we are already in June 5 2016 I took a pregnancy test but it wasnt early morning pee.. It came out Negative .. I have soarness on my boobies and also back lower pains and sometime get a bit a cramps. I want to know if their is any possibilities or should i go to the doctor or if i took the preganacy test too early or wrong.. This would be the first time i do anything like this.

Early morning pee isn't really necessary anymore with pregnancy tests being so advanced these days. A pregnancy test would be accurate by now but not all women show a positive (most do).

If you have been having unprotected sex then a blood test at your doctor's office is a solution. Good luck!