19 days late, negative pregnancy tests - how common is this - women to have low HCG?

By Anonymous February 21, 2011 - 5:10am

Hi

I know the questions have been over-asked but I really need some advice. My last period was 5th Jan and I had unprotected sex on 12th Jan (Day 8th). I am now 19 days late and no sign of my period. My periods are typically 26-30 days and I am very regular - except for the last one which was a week late and only lasted 3-4 days (normally it's 5-6).

Symptoms-wise, I noticed extra discharge few days after period was due and I felt mildly dizzy a few times. Have been waking up a few times a night to pee. Nipples were sore for half a day last week, when I was ten days late. Was at a car showroom with my bf last weekend and felt nauseated by the smell of new leather.

Thing is, I've tested 4 times and it's all negative (last test was today). Am I stressed? Well, kinda, but not anymore than I usually am. Wondering if it's common for some women to just not register enough HCG to get a positive test. Some background: I was pregnant about 7 years ago and I only picked it up after I was 2 months plus. Aborted at 3 months :(

A part of me really hopes I'm pregnant and I keep thinking about it. Please help.

Anonymous

Hi I don't know if anyone can help or offer any advice, my period is 17 days late my last period was 2/2/16 then I missed one due on the 1/3/16 I have took 4 hpt and they have all been negative, I'm due another period on 22/3/16 and I really don't know if it will come, I have been going to the loo a little more often, I don't have sore/tender breasts but I have been feeling a bit sick, I also have a mild cramping in my stomach like cramp but not as sore just doesn't feel rite, we are trying for a baby so every negative test is more stress !!, iv never missed a period before so my hopes are high I'm so anxious !!!! I phoned my doctor and he said try next week !! Anyone who can help please !!! Thanks xxx

Results??

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Pregnancy is possible since not all women have positive tests - I suggest you take a blood test at the doctor's office.

Anonymous

Hey ladies, I have had 3 beautiful girls, each one has taken different times to read a hcg level. My first I did not get a positive urine test until I was 8 weeks along, my second child I did not get a positive until I was 11 weeks along. And my third I was 4 weeks. Doctors kept telling me I was not pregnant and I would believe them. Each time I would take a positive test into show my doctor he would say oh you must have ovulated late but my ultrasound would prove them wrong.
Hope this helps anyone who feels lost in these times waiting to either get your period or that positive result

after how many days ultrasound u have taken...

Anonymous

I can say that I am in the same boat. I am 19 days late on my period. My last period was December 27th. I've tried several test and all came out negative including the blood test at my doctor. He wants to start me on some meds to make my period come on but I dont want to do that. So, I'm kind of stuck because I don't know what to do. I do have some symptoms of pregnancy but not all. I also have a dou le uterus. Thats another reason im stuck and afraid.

How did things turn out for you? It would be nice to have a followup status

Anonymous

I am in the same boat. I am 18 days late. I already have two children. I also have a fibroid inside my uterus but Dr said that shldnt interfere with me getting pregnant. We'll my youngest son is now 9. Soon will be 10 In a few months and since I've had him I have had iregulat periods. But for the most part I had one every month just not the same day. It is now Jan. And since June of last year I have ranged everywhere from 28 to 44 days between each period. I thought I was pregnant back in sept. I was 15 days late and had every symptom. Took three tests. Two came out with faint lines and one came no neg. So I went to have a blood test done. Turns out I wasn't and I started that next week. Now I'm in the situation again. I tried not to get my hopes up but I know exactly how frusterating this cld be. Like I said I'm 18 days late and went today and bought two tests. I took one in the middle of the afternoon but came out neg. I'm going to wait to take the next one tomorrow morning. I feel different somehow. During the week I was supose to start I had three days of brownish discharge but only enough that when I wiped that's all it was. Never got on my underwear or anything. The symptoms I'm having is a little bit of cramps here and there, gas, bloated so bad day and night that I feel like i could pop. Very uncomfortable. A little sick to my stomach off and on. Moody, emotional, urinating more, lower back aches really bad. My period was suppose to start on Dec 24, but it is now Jan 13 and still nothing. I will test in the morning and let you guys know what the result was. Baby dust to you all. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous

Hi there, hoping for some advice! My period is 2 weeks late today and I've done 3 pregnancy tests (2 first response and 1 clear blue digital) and all negative, last one was this morning! I have had some period pains, last night was quite bad so thought it would have arrived overnight but nothing this morning....hence the 3rd test! Can I still be pregnant? I do have endometriosis but have never experienced late periods.....I'm very regular in general! I had a slight bit of dizziness over the weekend but that's really it in terms of symptoms.
Just a bit confused :(
Thanks

Anonymous

I am also in the same boat! 14 days late and all sorts of pregnancy symptons i took one test (dollar store test) yesterday and got the faintest second line. Took first response this morning and just 1 line. So negative. I have no idea whats going on at all