19 days late, negative pregnancy tests - how common is this - women to have low HCG?

By Anonymous February 21, 2011 - 5:10am

Hi

I know the questions have been over-asked but I really need some advice. My last period was 5th Jan and I had unprotected sex on 12th Jan (Day 8th). I am now 19 days late and no sign of my period. My periods are typically 26-30 days and I am very regular - except for the last one which was a week late and only lasted 3-4 days (normally it's 5-6).

Symptoms-wise, I noticed extra discharge few days after period was due and I felt mildly dizzy a few times. Have been waking up a few times a night to pee. Nipples were sore for half a day last week, when I was ten days late. Was at a car showroom with my bf last weekend and felt nauseated by the smell of new leather.

Thing is, I've tested 4 times and it's all negative (last test was today). Am I stressed? Well, kinda, but not anymore than I usually am. Wondering if it's common for some women to just not register enough HCG to get a positive test. Some background: I was pregnant about 7 years ago and I only picked it up after I was 2 months plus. Aborted at 3 months :(

A part of me really hopes I'm pregnant and I keep thinking about it. Please help.

Anonymous

Hello
I have missed my period of 5/17/16 and we are already in June 5 2016 I took a pregnancy test but it wasnt early morning pee.. It came out Negative .. I have soarness on my boobies and also back lower pains and sometime get a bit a cramps. I want to know if their is any possibilities or should i go to the doctor or if i took the preganacy test too early or wrong.. This would be the first time i do anything like this.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Early morning pee isn't really necessary anymore with pregnancy tests being so advanced these days. A pregnancy test would be accurate by now but not all women show a positive (most do).

If you have been having unprotected sex then a blood test at your doctor's office is a solution. Good luck!

Anonymous

Hi I don't know if anyone can help or offer any advice, my period is 17 days late my last period was 2/2/16 then I missed one due on the 1/3/16 I have took 4 hpt and they have all been negative, I'm due another period on 22/3/16 and I really don't know if it will come, I have been going to the loo a little more often, I don't have sore/tender breasts but I have been feeling a bit sick, I also have a mild cramping in my stomach like cramp but not as sore just doesn't feel rite, we are trying for a baby so every negative test is more stress !!, iv never missed a period before so my hopes are high I'm so anxious !!!! I phoned my doctor and he said try next week !! Anyone who can help please !!! Thanks xxx

Are you pregnant? I'm the exsct same way!!

Results??

Pregnancy is possible since not all women have positive tests - I suggest you take a blood test at the doctor's office.

Anonymous

Hey ladies, I have had 3 beautiful girls, each one has taken different times to read a hcg level. My first I did not get a positive urine test until I was 8 weeks along, my second child I did not get a positive until I was 11 weeks along. And my third I was 4 weeks. Doctors kept telling me I was not pregnant and I would believe them. Each time I would take a positive test into show my doctor he would say oh you must have ovulated late but my ultrasound would prove them wrong.
Hope this helps anyone who feels lost in these times waiting to either get your period or that positive result

after how many days ultrasound u have taken...

Anonymous

I can say that I am in the same boat. I am 19 days late on my period. My last period was December 27th. I've tried several test and all came out negative including the blood test at my doctor. He wants to start me on some meds to make my period come on but I dont want to do that. So, I'm kind of stuck because I don't know what to do. I do have some symptoms of pregnancy but not all. I also have a dou le uterus. Thats another reason im stuck and afraid.

How did things turn out for you? It would be nice to have a followup status