ask: 19 days late, negative pregnancy tests - how common is this - women to have low HCG?

Hi

I know the questions have been over-asked but I really need some advice. My last period was 5th Jan and I had unprotected sex on 12th Jan (Day 8th). I am now 19 days late and no sign of my period. My periods are typically 26-30 days and I am very regular - except for the last one which was a week late and only lasted 3-4 days (normally it's 5-6).

Symptoms-wise, I noticed extra discharge few days after period was due and I felt mildly dizzy a few times. Have been waking up a few times a night to pee. Nipples were sore for half a day last week, when I was ten days late. Was at a car showroom with my bf last weekend and felt nauseated by the smell of new leather.

Thing is, I've tested 4 times and it's all negative (last test was today). Am I stressed? Well, kinda, but not anymore than I usually am. Wondering if it's common for some women to just not register enough HCG to get a positive test. Some background: I was pregnant about 7 years ago and I only picked it up after I was 2 months plus. Aborted at 3 months :(

A part of me really hopes I'm pregnant and I keep thinking about it. Please help.

Soph

Hi can anyone help I am 19 days late on my period I have done 3 tests and all negative I have been feeling dizzy and nauseous, I have also been constipated.
I am hoping to be pregnant :) anyone else had these symptoms and have positive results?

Anonymous

Hello, i hope you can help me and give some advise to me. I have my period last April 3, 2015 until april 6, 2015, then by April 25, 2015 i have my early period brownish,and some pinkish color and some spottings first time i encountered like this. But for the month of March and April im so stress i cry everyday because me my fiance not in good terms but we do our make love on april 2, 8,13,16,17 & 20.
Now im 13 days delayed.
1. How will i count my next period? on my first period last april 3 to 6 or my period last April 25 to 28 im not sure that 28 stop .
2. I feel bloated always, but my eating habit are okey my weight still the same but my tummy i feel like im always full and getting bigger.
3. I laready do the pt 3 times my last pt was last May monday may 18 still negative.(clear Blue)
4. I feel like my period is coming.

Anonymous

Can someone help!! I'm 13 days late... My period is always on time maybe 2 days before or after! Took 2 pregnancy tests both negative!! It's really frustrating as I'm only 18 have my hole life ahead of me!! I've been feeling quite sick, with a little headache... I know stress is can affect it but I have nothing to be stressed about. Even if I was it my period would always come! Help!

I am in the same situation i am 17 days late today my period is always regular i have no simptoms except for more discharge than usual i am 17 and my last period was feb 20 someone please tell me this is common!

Anonymous

Hi, i am late by 15 days on my periods, i took pregnency test twice - first on 5th day another on 15th both came negative, but feeling like sick with back ache and leg cramps. breast also painning little and feel like little heavier than early. my periods are little irregular.
can you pl suggest for further.

Anonymous

I know people barely reply on these things but did you ever get your period? i am going through the exact same thing and its driving me crazy... I am 9 days late. Going to see the doctors on wednesday, I'm just curious if yours ever came, or if you ever got an explanation on what was going on!

Anonymous

I can say that I'm in the same boat along with you and a lot other, im also 19days late had several hpt all negative, I also had blood work done and it was negative as well, I had and ultrasound done and nothing they just say 2 small cyst on my ovary, so my advise to you is go to see your ob/gyn

Best of luck! Please keep us posted.

Anonymous

Im 35 am currently 18 days late my cycle is always 27-28 days.
I have 3 kids 16-11-9. After my youngest was born I had my tubes tied and last may i had to have a cyst removed from my left tube.
Symptoms I've been having is very tired all the time, headaches, low back pain, nauscious, heart burn, some breast tenderness sometime, and cramping like im gonna start but nothing. My last period was the 23 of sept puts me at ovulation on the 7 of oct i had 11 days after that a night where i bled for like a half hour since then i have just had some mucas discharge a couple time with a ting of brown in it. I took a cheapo test it was neg im so confused on what is going on plz help with any advise

Anonymous

hello this is 5 or 6 time when i had sex on my fertile period, my mensus gone late 12- 16 days, and today my mesus start, this the same from last 5 month, can u tell me what is wrong in this case. please i am looking for expert on this.

Anonymous

Welcome to Empowher and thanks for your question. If you are now approximately 10 days late for your period and three negative pregnancy tests, I think your period is just late. This is very common as each and every woman can tell stories of abnormal periods. There may not be a reason, per se, behind the delayed period, sometimes this just happens and it is ok.

Abnormal periods are very common also in the teen years and in your 20s. If you are concerned about pregnancy, you could always make an appointment with your physician to have a blood test taken although, I would wait if I were in your shoes. You may be surprised that it will just show up.

Keep us posted.

Missie

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: