Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: 2 Things I'm Wondering

By Melissa6666

Hi, there is something I want to be sure about which is next week I'm having a pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound done and I'm wondering for the pelvic ultrasound does it show if you have any certain problem in the stomach? I'm wondering about this because I've been having lots of stomach issues especially being constipated and I was wondering would the ultrasound show anything because of being constipated? Since it's pelvic and transvaginal would it show any problems going on especially from the stomach?

The other thing I'm wondering which is when they give me films they give it in a CD not films I want to know do you think it's possible for them to put the CD stuff on a film to get them on films? Please let me know about these soon.

Thank You,
Melissa

Hello Melissa,

A pelvic ultrasound looks at the bladder, ovaries, uterus, cervix, and fallopian tubes.
A transvaginal ultrasound is a test that looks at the same organs as listed above. What makes this test noticeably different from a pelvic ultrasound is a transducer, which is a special probe, is inserted into the vagina. With a pelvic ultrasound, the doppler stays outside of the body and the technician scans it across the lower abdomen.
Problems with constipation are issues related to the intestinal tract and not the stomach.
Images from the ultrasound are transferred to a CD. There are no films because this test is not an x-ray. Ultrasound is an imaging method that uses high frequency sound waves.

So, to recap, a pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound will not help diagnose why you are constipated and the ultrasound report cannot be put on a film.

Was this helpful?

Melissa6666 (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thank you for letting me know.

Melissa

How do you control your PMS?: