2nd post

By Anonymous April 8, 2011 - 11:47am

Hi, I posted a question about a week ago but I don't know how to get back to it so i'm posting a second post about that.
The previous post had to do with liquid coming out of my breasts and other symtoms that I thought was due to pregnacy. My response was it probably had someting to do with a thyroid? or a pituitary gland?.
My update to that is, I did actually start what I thought was a period on April 6th. But my concern is, it was extremely lite and shorter than what I usually have. my mensus goes for 7 days and I bleed very very heavy to where I have to ware a pad and a tampon and still sometimes leak through that. My cycle is every 24 days. I started this ''period'' 5 days sooner which was a bit of a conern but not so much until I noticed it was lighter and shorter. It's more than just spotting but alot less than my normal bleeding. I bleed for only two days and now im spotting very very lite like it does when im coming off my period. I took a hpt a week before my expected period and it was negative.... could I have tested too early? could i still be pregnant? the previous systoms I had(boob and vaginal discharge) have ceased a bit but the others are still present. My boobs are more tender than they were.

A little note, for the last few periods they have come a bit earlier and last month it only lasted 5 days. So it's rare for me to have shorter periods as well as lite.
I havent gone to the doctor, im a little nervous about the thyroid and pituitary comment I recieved earlier, but ive been reading up on it. going to make a appt soon though.
But until then any advice will greatly help.....

There have been several recent posts regarding nipple discharge but I'm not sure which is yours.

I think it's a good idea to become a member (you can use any made-up name you like, to remain anonymous) so that your posts will be automatically tracked for you. Posting multiple times regarding the same topic is confusing for Guides who are working with you and takes away time from others who are waiting for replies, therefore we ask for only one posting per topic - thanks for your understanding on that!

As to your question - if you are having unprotected sex, then you are definitely at risk for pregnancy. However, it does seem like you are having your period, it just came a bit early and wasn't as heavy as usual. This can happen sometimes, for no apparent reason. Your breast symptoms could be that of possible pregnancy but PMS also offer similar symptoms. Testing one week before your period is due is far too early - you're better off waiting until a few days until it's due/at your due date/when you're late.

Your best bet is sort out this pregnancy possibility before focusing on anything else. Once you establish that you are not pregnant, you can have a check up about your symptoms and if you are pregnant, you'll know why you have been feeling the way you have.

I hope this helps!

i do appologize for that and will keep it in mind, but i can usually find my post but for some reason on this laptop i had difficulty finding it so i wasnt trying to post another question of the same nature or take away from those who also had questions. I actually had my previous question answered, which is the one i could not find to post my reply and update. Thank you.
Your input is appreciated.

You're welcome, I know you were not trying to take time away from others but it's frustrating if you cannot find your question, with attached answers! It's frustrating for us too but the Internet, and our laptops, sometimes let us down!

I hope you keep us updated and good luck to you!