41 days since my last period

By December 17, 2010 - 2:34pm

I'm 27, I have 3 kids and I've always had my periods between 27-31 days apart. It's now day 41 and i've taken 2 HPT's and both neg. My husband and I always use condoms and none have broken. I don't think I'm pregnant, but can't figure out why I'm so late. My period came on Aug 27, 2010 then on Sept 29, 2010. It was 33 days which put me a couple days late, then I didn't get another one until Nov 6, 2010. It was 38 days between my periods. I started going back to school in August and I've been a little more stressed out trying to take care of my kids and attend college full-time. Could stress make my cycles change? I'm just wondering why my periods keep getting later every month??

I am on my 41 day mark and I never been late like this before. My last cycle date was May 22. I don't think I'm pregnant because I never been before and never had any thing like this happen to me. I always start on time which is usually within 24 to 27 days.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Have you had unprotected intercoursse since your last menstrual period in May? If so, I suggest you take a home pregnancy test.
For the most accurate result, test in the morning. Use the urine when you first wake up.

How old are you? If you are in your 50s, even late 40s, this may be a sign of early perimenopause.

My wife, she is in her 41 st day and we had a pregnancy test with a pee stick on her 32 day, its negative or very slight colour change. Our doctor gave susten and some folic acid tablets and as per her advise today 41 day we tested by scanning and found to be a negative result.first thing i want to know ,is there any chance she might be pregnant , may at 60th day or more.second thing , is it normal to have sex on 41 day.so that we may get ready for next month atleast............

I have the same problem. 41 days late and 3 negative testes. I don't know what is happening. I was to my doctor one week ago and he didn't see any pregnancy only told me to make the new test today who came also negative. Probably egg may not have ovulated. Right now i am very very anxious.

In my situation, it ended up being nothing more than dysmenorrhea, or as my doc described it, really bad periods. So, I was told to either go on the pill to straighten things out or suffer. I've been on the pill for a year and my periods are regular now, but still been having breakthrough bleeding nearly every month and still not happy. Good luck to you and I hope things work out!

Please help I came of the pill 3 months ago, I have been trying for a baby, and my periods are normally for the last 12 hrs between 28/31 days it's now been 41 days, terrible bloated ness, very sore breasts, cravings eating lots more I am a small girl so my nloatedness is getting noticed and 3 negative pregmancys tests I am 11 days late plllleasee help I am so stressed with worry incase it's something serious xx

Im currently in a similar situation as u r, may i jniw hoebsoon u had ur period then or was it caused by something else?

Make that 12 yrs not hrs

I started today, but my sinus infection is coming back so I'm going to have to take antibiotics AGAIN. Hopefully I get better and get back on track soon before I end up with a surprise pregnancy.

(reply to mommyof3)

Hi mommyof3,
What else are you taking (medication or supplements) currently to deal with symptoms? Do you have allergies? Have you tried neti pot, or sinus rinsing to help deal with sinus symptoms (I highly recommend it!). If you have more questions, or find out more, let us know.