44 years old and pregnant

Can you have a healthy baby at 44? I just found out today and my due date is my 45th birthday. Ive had 2 miscarriages in the last 2 years, any hope?

Firstly, congratulations! My SIL had a perfect baby last year at age 45! So absolutely it can be done. You will have to recognize the high risk of miscarriage or genetic defects but there is also a great chance that baby will be fully healthy.

You will be considered very high risk (and doctor may be impolite at times) but have your blood pressure and sugar checked regularly.

Take it easy for the next 9 months and stay in frequent touch with your medical team. Good luck!