5 weeks after hysterectomy, anterior & posterior repair & sacrospinious fixation

By September 12, 2011 - 5:18am

I can feel a lump or uncomfortableness (not sure it is fullness) after standing for not that long. I know its early days yet, have done no heavy lifting. Did get in the car as normal 1 leg or pavement 1 in car surely this cant affect it. Went shopping with daughter for apprximately 90 min and have been bending daily to pick up stuff off the floor and paint toes nails. Only other thing I have done a jigsaw sitting down stretching accross table for some pieces, is it likely this has affected it? This is the second time I have had a anterior repair & sacrospinious fixation. Is this likely to be scar tissue or another failure of the bladder prolapsing? After 2 ops in 6 months there is no way I can have any more time off. Due to start treating patients at 6 weeks and not due to see gyny consultant till nov - am I worrying unecessarily?

Hi mags

I have submitted your questions to one of our doctors for advice. Please check back in the next few days for a reply!

HERWriter Guide (reply to Susan Cody)

Hi again Mags

Our expert got back to us very quickly!

He says:

"...after a surgery such as hers she should have an immediate appointment with the doctor who operated on her and describe the lump she feels either to an office nurse or the doctor herself (himself).
The problem could be nothing or a breakdown of the surgical repair or a "retention cyst"-the list goes on and on. Her lump calls for an extra office visit."

I hope this helps,