58 cannot lose wt

By Anonymous April 22, 2016 - 10:48am

I run 5 miles 4 times week on average and walk in between...I cannot lose weight...I'm nurse with rotating schedule...was going to start.a boot camp..how do I find one in pgh pa

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Weight in middle age is definitely a struggle for many women.

Many gyms have boot camps and so do a lot of community Rec centers and YMCA's. I suggest you call around any in your area and see what's on offer. A google search can also help you. With summer on it's way, there should be many on offer.

Bear in mind that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise! Maintain a very healthy diet and cut out as many unnecessary calories as you can. However, don't go under 1200 calories per day, especially since you are active.

Read more on weight loss tips here: http://www.empowher.com/menopause/content/controlling-post-menopausal-weight-gain

Menopause Guide