Abdominal cramping, period 2 weeks late, could this b caused by cryosurgery?

By January 1, 2010 - 12:53pm

Last period, NOV 12-16, Last intercorse NOV 20, used condoms. Cryosurgery DEC 1st, which can cause discharge n a lil bleeding. 2 weeks check up DEC 15, mild infection pills given. Looking 4 period on DEC 18th never came. Todays date 1-1-2010, confused and worried. Help me with some answers please!!!!!!

I have done the cryotheropy and my perood didnt came :-(...i am still waiting for it to come...i had pain yrsterday but the pain disapeared this morning =-O..

Dear muwhite

Thanks for your question, we're glad you found Empowher!

Your symptoms could be directly from the cyro you had in December but you should take a pregnancy test to be sure.

May I ask what the cryo was for and what kind it was? Was it a cervical cyro to freeze abnormal cells or was it an actual cancer treatment?

Since you used condoms, it's unlikely that you're pregnant but condoms do not offer a guarantee. I think a pregnancy test is a good idea since you are now two weeks late.

Did your doctor tell you that a skipped period was a possibility?

Thanks 4 answering my question, and I'm glad 2 have found you too. Yes, the cryo was due 2 abnormal cells of the cervix. No, the DR didn't say that I should miss a period so that's y I'm so concerned. I actually woke up this morning crying with stomach cramping and lower back pain. I'm going 2 the DR on Tuesday, so hopefully I'll know something by then. As of now I'm still cramping, and worried.

(reply to muwhite)

If your cramping and pain becomes severe, please do not hesitate to call a doctor or go to the hospital or nearby clinic BEFORE your doctor's appointment!

(reply to Alison Beaver)

That's what I plan 2 do. I've been cramping off and on everyday 4 over a week. If I start back hurting like this morning I will be in the ER!!! Thank you very much 4 your concern :-)

Anonymous (reply to muwhite)

Hey.. Im experiencing the same symptoms as you did? Did you ever find out what the cause was?

Cervical Dysplasia

Cervical Dysplasia Guide