Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: Abdominal Cramps 10 days before expected period, pregnancy or ovulation?

I had my period Oct 5th for 6 days, Had sex Oct 11th and Oct 18th (the day before ovulation). And today Oct 23rd I'm experiencing abdominal cramps in the uterus area, I could hardly sit down. Could I be pregnant? Or is it still just ovulation? Even though my ovulation was roughly 5 days ago and did not experience this pain. I am not worried but just would like some friendly advice on what could be going on with my body. Thank you very much, look forward to ready everyone's responses.

Anonymous

I got married nine months ago and we are trying since then. After few months I went to my gynecologest at fisrt all the hormonal tests were normal for me and my husbands sperm analysis is normal as well. But tge next month when my periods were late I went to the doctor and found out I have pco she put me on prolofin 50mg from second day of my periods and then from the tenth day till the 14th day fertility injection we got an ideal sized egg. Hoping for positive result I got my periods on 28th day. As doctor persceibed I took prolofine again and went to her on 10th day. As my ultrasound was being done I was told good u came in today I thought there is something good but to my surprise I was in life threatning situation of ohss were follicle size was twoice its normal size 48.3mm. I dont know wht do now I am so worried.

Anonymous

A Year after my Laparoscopy , clomids and stil not Pregnant yet :(

Procrastinating to go to the Doctors ..... Really just feeling a little over it....

How do I get positive again???
Been trying 4 years with nothing wrong with either of us.....

A little negative
Sunette

I have to strongly suggest that you not give up hope, if a child is what you and your partner want. I know from experience how incredibly exhausting it is to hope just to be let down for 4 years. My husband and I got pregnant with our first child. We were so happy and we had successfully conceived on our first attempt. 4 month into my pregnancy, I started to bleed heavily at my mother in laws birthday party....and ended up suffering from a spontaneous abortion (late miscarriage). I was torn whether to wait or try to conceive as soon as the doctor gave me the okay. It took us 4, almost 5 years of actively trying to conceive our son, Salem, who is now 3 years old. Dont give up hope!!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Sunette

I'm so sorry you've had no luck so far.

Read up on stories of those who have had success years after trying!

I have friends who have been trying for 10 years. They adopted twice and last year she got pregnant and has a healthy baby now! You just never know.

When the pressure is off, it's possible. Pressure can really interfere with conception.

Have you considered acupuncture? I believe it can help...

Anonymous

ive been trying to get pregnant for 3 months now and charting my periods and when I ovulate is a hassle because I never noticed a change in my cm but my friend gave me 2 clomid pills to try out and I have sex every day just about I have 6 days left until my period and I feel cramps only if sitting for a while then I notice im cramping sore to the touch nipples and gas. I don't think im pregnant because ive done this same thing every month but my period came late in sep. and now my ovulation days were switched around so im honest not sure when I ovulated just goin by the app should I try to take a ovulation test due to the fact that if I am pregnant it would show up positive?

Hi Anon and thanks for your question!

Taking Clomid without a doctor's consultation is not a good idea.

Three months is not a long time at all to try to conceive, if you are under 35 you need to give yourself a year to get pregnant naturally (6 months if you are over 35).

You can take an ovulation predictor kit which will do a pretty good job in helping you know when you ovulate.

You can take a pregnancy test if you'd like. This test picks up the hormone hgc which is only present if you are pregnant - ovulation won't matter.

Anonymous

My period was like two weeks early and i normally have severe cramps i had none now going off of my early period im not supposed to start my period again for 10 days and im experiencing light cramping in my lower abdomin notpainful cramps just annoying. Is it possible i could be pregnant? My husband and i have been trying for a while but i took a test on the day i was supposed to have my period should i wait?

It seems very unusual to have a period within two weeks (and with none of your usual symptoms) of your last period but these things do happen on occasion. If you are expecting your period in 10 days, I would wait until then to test but feel free to test again now to possibly get an answer. If you have more unexpected or unusual bleeding in the meantime, check with your doctor.

I hope you get the result you want!

Anonymous

I had my last period on Jan 12-17 then had sex without a condom from the 17 to the 22 and I ovulated on the 25th and its the 31of Jan and I'm cramping bloating gassy nausea and my breast r sore having bad head ache so is this a sign that I could be pregnant?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Abdominal cramping, nausea, bloating, and having a headache could all be symptoms of a virus. Add sore breasts and you could be experiencing premenstrual symptoms.

The surest way to know if you are pregnant is to wait; if your period is late beyond on week, take a home pregnancy test.

How do you control your PMS?: