Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: Abdominal Cramps 10 days before expected period, pregnancy or ovulation?

By CINDY2009

I had my period Oct 5th for 6 days, Had sex Oct 11th and Oct 18th (the day before ovulation). And today Oct 23rd I'm experiencing abdominal cramps in the uterus area, I could hardly sit down. Could I be pregnant? Or is it still just ovulation? Even though my ovulation was roughly 5 days ago and did not experience this pain. I am not worried but just would like some friendly advice on what could be going on with my body. Thank you very much, look forward to ready everyone's responses.

Anonymous

I have a 28 day cycle. I had sex on day 12th to 15th of my cycle . I had period like crampings in my lower abdomen area from day 18th as if my periods are about to come. What could it be?

It could mean many things. Coming from someone(not an expert) that has been trying to conceive for the last 3 years. I also have a 28 day cycle. I have learned to ignore the "symptoms" that are related to clomid, pregnancy, and period. The reason, a HUGE let down. I just kept taking the tests 1-5 days before missed period. Now, this month, day 20(today I am day 21) I started having the period like cramps. Mild more left side focused but once in a while I get right side ones. I am 8 days early for my period, but for shits and giggles took a 5 day sooner test. I thought the test was defective until I got a positive. I could not believe it. I am still in shock. I am not getting my hopes up bc it is really too soon to tell, but it is my first positive ever! So for the next few days I will be on cloud nine. I am 33 and am praying that this is true. But for your own sanity, don't read into the signs(cramping, sore breasts and nausea) until you are about to be on your period day. YOu will only drive yourself crazy. I know. I ALWAYS do!

Anonymous

I enjoyed the entire content of this article and my friends also love it too.

Anonymous

Well i had the same issues, and the cramps went on for around 10 days. First at 5 days i took a test and it was negative, then i continued having stomach cramps without any signs of a period. At day ten i finally did another test to find out i was positive.... i confirmed this with a blood test. Although the first time round they advised it could have been missed ovulation or stress. Try not to worry to much and take a test at around 7-10 days if you cant wait longer..... it could be other things as well, but from similarities that I experienced it may be possible you are pregnant :) i hope you get the result you want, and its nothing to worrying good luck <3 x

Anonymous

I got married nine months ago and we are trying since then. After few months I went to my gynecologest at fisrt all the hormonal tests were normal for me and my husbands sperm analysis is normal as well. But tge next month when my periods were late I went to the doctor and found out I have pco she put me on prolofin 50mg from second day of my periods and then from the tenth day till the 14th day fertility injection we got an ideal sized egg. Hoping for positive result I got my periods on 28th day. As doctor persceibed I took prolofine again and went to her on 10th day. As my ultrasound was being done I was told good u came in today I thought there is something good but to my surprise I was in life threatning situation of ohss were follicle size was twoice its normal size 48.3mm. I dont know wht do now I am so worried.

Anonymous

A Year after my Laparoscopy , clomids and stil not Pregnant yet :(

Procrastinating to go to the Doctors ..... Really just feeling a little over it....

How do I get positive again???
Been trying 4 years with nothing wrong with either of us.....

A little negative
Sunette

I have to strongly suggest that you not give up hope, if a child is what you and your partner want. I know from experience how incredibly exhausting it is to hope just to be let down for 4 years. My husband and I got pregnant with our first child. We were so happy and we had successfully conceived on our first attempt. 4 month into my pregnancy, I started to bleed heavily at my mother in laws birthday party....and ended up suffering from a spontaneous abortion (late miscarriage). I was torn whether to wait or try to conceive as soon as the doctor gave me the okay. It took us 4, almost 5 years of actively trying to conceive our son, Salem, who is now 3 years old. Dont give up hope!!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Sunette

I'm so sorry you've had no luck so far.

Read up on stories of those who have had success years after trying!

I have friends who have been trying for 10 years. They adopted twice and last year she got pregnant and has a healthy baby now! You just never know.

When the pressure is off, it's possible. Pressure can really interfere with conception.

Have you considered acupuncture? I believe it can help...

Anonymous

ive been trying to get pregnant for 3 months now and charting my periods and when I ovulate is a hassle because I never noticed a change in my cm but my friend gave me 2 clomid pills to try out and I have sex every day just about I have 6 days left until my period and I feel cramps only if sitting for a while then I notice im cramping sore to the touch nipples and gas. I don't think im pregnant because ive done this same thing every month but my period came late in sep. and now my ovulation days were switched around so im honest not sure when I ovulated just goin by the app should I try to take a ovulation test due to the fact that if I am pregnant it would show up positive?

Hi Anon and thanks for your question!

Taking Clomid without a doctor's consultation is not a good idea.

Three months is not a long time at all to try to conceive, if you are under 35 you need to give yourself a year to get pregnant naturally (6 months if you are over 35).

You can take an ovulation predictor kit which will do a pretty good job in helping you know when you ovulate.

You can take a pregnancy test if you'd like. This test picks up the hormone hgc which is only present if you are pregnant - ovulation won't matter.

How do you control your PMS?: