Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: Abdominal Cramps 10 days before expected period, pregnancy or ovulation?

By CINDY2009

I had my period Oct 5th for 6 days, Had sex Oct 11th and Oct 18th (the day before ovulation). And today Oct 23rd I'm experiencing abdominal cramps in the uterus area, I could hardly sit down. Could I be pregnant? Or is it still just ovulation? Even though my ovulation was roughly 5 days ago and did not experience this pain. I am not worried but just would like some friendly advice on what could be going on with my body. Thank you very much, look forward to ready everyone's responses.

Anonymous

Ok so the last 4 months I have had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and since I have been having unprotected sex I always get pains in my left side a lot and sometimes lower back pains mainly on my left side so the second month when I was getting those pains for 2 weeks straight and pregnancy symptoms I went to the doctor took pregnancy test all negative they thought it was a cyst that came back negative so them as the next 2 month come and still left side pain and now short 4 day periods and always have long periods and still to this day I have a negative pregnancy test, I have 12 days till my period and I feel dizzy lower back pains lower stomach pains cramps boobs hurt a bit and I just took a pregnancy test 2 days ago and it came back negative :s pls help !!!!!! Am I prego or not or does it mean I have problems with trying to get pregnant ?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

More importantly, you need to find out why you are having these symptoms. If the left sided abdominal pain is not caused by an ovarian cyst, maybe the problems is with your gastrointestinal tract.

I suggest you schedule an appointment to be evaluated by a gastroenterologist. Also consider a work up with an endocrinologist. The sudden change in the length of your period could indicate a hormonal problem.

Regards,

mrsvanessarubio

I ovulated Sunday which was 10/26/2014 and now I'm cramping like no tomorrow. And I have tender breasts and I feel fatigued. Could this be an early sign of pregnancy because I've never had these symptoms . can someone help.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to mrsvanessarubio)

Hello mrsvanessarubio,

If you are certain that you ovulated on October 26, then the cramping, tender breasts and fatigue are probably premenstrual symptoms.

Regards,

Anonymous

I have a 28 day cycle. I had sex on day 12th to 15th of my cycle . I had period like crampings in my lower abdomen area from day 18th as if my periods are about to come. What could it be?

It could mean many things. Coming from someone(not an expert) that has been trying to conceive for the last 3 years. I also have a 28 day cycle. I have learned to ignore the "symptoms" that are related to clomid, pregnancy, and period. The reason, a HUGE let down. I just kept taking the tests 1-5 days before missed period. Now, this month, day 20(today I am day 21) I started having the period like cramps. Mild more left side focused but once in a while I get right side ones. I am 8 days early for my period, but for shits and giggles took a 5 day sooner test. I thought the test was defective until I got a positive. I could not believe it. I am still in shock. I am not getting my hopes up bc it is really too soon to tell, but it is my first positive ever! So for the next few days I will be on cloud nine. I am 33 and am praying that this is true. But for your own sanity, don't read into the signs(cramping, sore breasts and nausea) until you are about to be on your period day. YOu will only drive yourself crazy. I know. I ALWAYS do!

I hope for your sanity its a big fat positive! Havr been going through the same thing ! Best of luck to you!! Any time im nauseous w symptoms i blame it on gluten so i dont get my hopes up either lol lol

Anonymous

I enjoyed the entire content of this article and my friends also love it too.

Anonymous

Well i had the same issues, and the cramps went on for around 10 days. First at 5 days i took a test and it was negative, then i continued having stomach cramps without any signs of a period. At day ten i finally did another test to find out i was positive.... i confirmed this with a blood test. Although the first time round they advised it could have been missed ovulation or stress. Try not to worry to much and take a test at around 7-10 days if you cant wait longer..... it could be other things as well, but from similarities that I experienced it may be possible you are pregnant :) i hope you get the result you want, and its nothing to worrying good luck <3 x

Anonymous

I got married nine months ago and we are trying since then. After few months I went to my gynecologest at fisrt all the hormonal tests were normal for me and my husbands sperm analysis is normal as well. But tge next month when my periods were late I went to the doctor and found out I have pco she put me on prolofin 50mg from second day of my periods and then from the tenth day till the 14th day fertility injection we got an ideal sized egg. Hoping for positive result I got my periods on 28th day. As doctor persceibed I took prolofine again and went to her on 10th day. As my ultrasound was being done I was told good u came in today I thought there is something good but to my surprise I was in life threatning situation of ohss were follicle size was twoice its normal size 48.3mm. I dont know wht do now I am so worried.

How do you control your PMS?: