Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: Abdominal Cramps 10 days before expected period, pregnancy or ovulation?

By CINDY2009

I had my period Oct 5th for 6 days, Had sex Oct 11th and Oct 18th (the day before ovulation). And today Oct 23rd I'm experiencing abdominal cramps in the uterus area, I could hardly sit down. Could I be pregnant? Or is it still just ovulation? Even though my ovulation was roughly 5 days ago and did not experience this pain. I am not worried but just would like some friendly advice on what could be going on with my body. Thank you very much, look forward to ready everyone's responses.

Anonymous

Hi everyone, just wanted to jump in an say The same thing as well, it's 5 days after I ovulated, I had unprotected sex on 12/11/14 which is two days after ovulation , and now since this morning I've been having abdominal pain an I was feeling a little sick, but then again it's 8 days before my period should arrive .
Should I be worried ? Any advice ? Please let me know asap.
- Taylor

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Taylor 

We can't give you any advice other than test if your period is late. 

Anonymous

Hello its me chell..
May last period is 11/13/2014 end 11/19/2014 .. MY ovulation 11/26/2014 and i have unprotected sex with my bf on Nov. 24 and Nov 27 and after 2 days i feeld sore breast .. After 2weeks my breast is getting worst sore, dizziness, nausea and cramp on my lower abdomen.. I took pt on dec 9 and not so clear line positive and dec 11 slightly clear line positive im decided to took a trans vagina ultrosound and found its negative no baby or fetus found.. Is so sound weird bcoz what the meaning happen on my body I know on may self theres something wrong in my body. ..thank I hope some one could help me. . and sorry for my grammar too.

Hi chell
I had a transvaginal at 6wks and was told the same thing-no baby
However at 10wks I had a regular ultrasound & they saw the baby:-)
He is now almost 3 years old!
It may have just been too soon, hope this helps.
Good luck
K

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello chell,

You should be talking with your doctor about your concerns.

How long is your menstrual cycle, 28 days to 30 days? When is your period for December due to start? Was a blood pregnancy test done?
When did you have the tranvaginal ultrasound done?

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi, I had a m/c on October 4, 2014... I ended up having my period November 16th for just 4 days. My ovulation was on the 30th of November so my days I was fertile ( November 25-29 ) I ended up having unprotected sex the 25th an the 29th when my ovulation was the 30th... Past 11 days I've had headaches everyday, boobs are sore, color around nipple is a little darker, as well as swollen. Lower back pain, an I will have cramping an pressure down where my uterus would be. I'm to start my period in 2 days but I really don't think I will be having it.. Oh an I find myself eating ramen noodles every chance I get an I never liked them.. Eating just a can of pees itself, and eggs with ketchup.. This are things I never eat an im hungry for them.

Anonymous

I should stat my period on Dec 16, and i had unprotected sex the three days after my period and in a few days after i started cramping like my peruof was gunna start again but it nrver did. The a week later we had unprotected sex again, now its been a few days, and im still cramping, but this time i get nauseous really easy, and ive been throwing up. And ive been very sleepy. I took a pt yesterday but it said negative. Could i still be pregnant?

Pregnancy is definitely a possibility but you may have taken one too soon. You will need to wait another few days to test for a more accurate result. Or you can wait till the 16th if your period doesn't arrive. A test will definitely be accurate by then. A sexually active woman has about a 20% chance of pregnancy every month. 

Anonymous

Hi. .my last period 10/19/2014 and i had protected sex with my bf on oct 24 and 27 and after 2 days i feel sore breast, lower abdomen pain and i used PT but the result is negative. .arter 1 week getting worse feeling dizziness, sore breast, lower abdominal pain, headache and gas acid. . 2days before of may period my lower abdominal pain continous whole day that natural that i feel before my period come. . its that natural to feeld who expecting to be pregnant?or i am totally pregnant? Sorry for wrong gramar. .i hope anyone can help me.

Are your menstrual cycle normally regular? Did you take the pregnancy test once your period was late by at least one week?

Since you are having these symptoms, I suggest you schedule an appointment with your gynecologist or primary care physician.

Regards,

How do you control your PMS?: