Abdominal Pain

By September 19, 2016 - 4:08pm

I am extremely sensitive to gluten so I stay away from it. Although lately I have been having cramps and discomfort before a BM as if I had been eating gluten prior. I’ve been off it for almost two weeks now, so I don’t know if this is normal or not. I’m not even sure how to make it feel better. Anything I eat makes me do this yet I eat nothing processed at all or even use sugar. Could stress, working late nights, and a hormone change be part of the culprit as well?

Hi cew017

You may have other sensitivities to foods. Have you been tested for this? If not, then it's a good idea to do this - some simple blood tests can let you know. And gluten seems to be everywhere! Make sure it's not sneaking into your diet somehow!

A visit to a nutritionist can also help.

Stress and working late nights can certainly affect your digestive system. My own stomach is very sensitive to stress. Easing this stress as best you can will help.

This article can help: http://www.empowher.com/digestion/content/healthy-guts-best-foods-your-digestive-health