ask: Abnormal diagnosis

By Beth76 December 20, 2012 - 8:31pm

What could cause a high C-Reactive Protein, Positive Lyme Western Blot, Negative EIA, high Sed Rate, some Protein in my blood, and slightly elevated Immature Granulocytes.

Beth, I answered your other question here:

It seems like you may have an infection in your system, the immature granulocytes and elevated CRP levels are indicative of an infection in the body. Could you possibly have lyme disease? What has your doctor said about your results?

Keep us posted,

Beth76 (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

I went to an infectious Disease dr. He said b/c the EIA was negative he thought the Western Blot was a false positive. I am so confused. I was treated for Lyme over the summer but had no known tick bite. They are sending me to an Endocrinologist and a Rheumatologist in a larger city. My symptoms line up with Lymes but also similar to those of a lot of other immune disorders.

Is 0.5 immature granulocytes a concern for Leukemia? How do doctors rule that out? What else would be indicative of Leukemia? Thanks...

Lyme Disease

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :