Abnormal Endometrial biopsy question

I am 58 and post menopausal. I recently had a CT scan as part of a cancer screening and the results showed my uterine lining had thickened to "that of a 20 yr old" (according to the onocologist). I made an appt with my GYN and he conducted an endometrial biopsy. The results came back and I got a message from him that said it showed "some abnormalities that may be pre-malignant. We should do a complete removal of the lining of the uterus with a hysteroscopy and D&C. " The way I interept this is that there is NO cancer but conditions exist that make it more likely to develop. I view D&C as a treatment as opposed to a diganostic tool and no other biopsys or tests will be done during the procedure. Am I correct in my view? Thanks for you help!

Thank you for your question.

Yes, your view is correct. I often use the comparison (rightly or otherwise!) of tornados. A tornado watch means conditions are favorable for the potential of a storm and a warning means that one has been sighted. 

While you are by no means cancerous, the potential is there to possibly advance to cancer.

We wish you the very best and please feel free to post any further questions you may have. 

Will you keep us posted?

Thank you so much for your quick and clear response Susan! I wanted to reassure my husband that everything will be fine :o)