Abnormal period?

By October 19, 2011 - 10:03am

So I stopped taking birth controll around 6 months ago, and my period never came. After many hormone tests and pregnancy tests, I was completely fine. My doctor started me on progesterone hormone therapy to kick start my mentrual cycle. After 7 days of hormones, I started my period 3 days later on October 3rd. My period lasted 8 days, and everything seemed normal. As of yesterday I started yet another period. It has only been 8 days since my last period. What could possibly be going on? Any information would help tremendously.

Hi and thanks for your post!

Unscheduled bleeding is a side effect of progesterone so this may be what's happening. However, it's still abnormal bleeding so please contact your doctor about this.