about my High bp

73 year old man been on BP med for most of my adult life until 2 years ago- prepping for a total hip replacement-- Doctor decided to take me off Atlenol- Family doctor every six months for blood work and BP is always--128/78 almost a common-- having trouble with vision lately- blamed it on new glasses- tired from time to time--took my BP 138/90-- have some of the old attenol-should I take one?

Hello Anon

Thank you for your post.

We are unable to give you a definitive answer because we cannot recommend prescription medication to someone.

Your doctor took you off for a reason so going back on it without a consultation is probably not a good idea. Atenolol is a medication that, when taken right before or during surgery, can have very serious side effects. You should place a quick phone call in for advice.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/high-blood-pressure

Good luck with your upcoming surgery.

High Blood Pressure

High Blood Pressure Guide