About my period

By Anonymous April 16, 2012 - 9:44pm

My period came on last month n this month it have not came on yet n by me was on the depot shot I haven't been getting it like it should do you think that has something to do with my period

According to the Government's page on the Depo shot: "you should know that your menstrual cycle will probably change while you are using medroxyprogesterone injection. At first, your periods will probably be irregular, and you may experience spotting between periods. If you continue to use this medication, your periods may stop completely. Your menstrual cycle will probably return to normal some time after you stop using this medication."

You can read more here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000283/

So you may be one of the many women who get only occasional periods or none at all.