about my period

By October 9, 2016 - 8:31am

my period started on the 1st of October and ended on 4yhoct. my bf had sex wif me but mistakenly released in me on the 7th so I rushed out to get postinor2 and took both at once will I still b pregnant and pls help me I can't calculate my ovulation and free period

Hi tricia12

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective for women under 176 pounds (it is less effective for women over 165 pounds and ineffective for women over 176 pounds) when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so your risk is very small. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If you don’t get your next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-cont...