Accidentally stopped birth control a week early, do I start a new pack?

I accidentally didn't take the last week of active pills in my 28 day pack of birth control. For some reason, last week I just thought that I was already done with the pack and at my week of sugar pills (which I never take) so I didn't even bother to look at my pack. I got my period right on schedule at the same time I always do so I didn't think anything of it, but when I called to refill my birth control the pharmacist told me that my insurance was saying it was too early and wouldn't cover it. Thats when I looked at my pack and saw that I hadn't finished the active pills and still had one week left. Should I just start a new pack next sunday? Or should I wait a full month? Will I be protected against pregnancy if I start up again next week?

You should start a new pack as if it's your first - so whether you're a Sunday starter or you start a the end of your period - follow what the instructions say.