achey, chills, back pain, no fever

By February 26, 2015 - 4:20pm

Hello, I am a 29 year old female with two cervical and two lumbar bulging discs, and nerve pain, numbness etc.
I woke up this morning feeling achey (different than my typical pain- I'd describe this more flu like/achey and less my every day pain). I have chills, large headache, tired, can not regulate my body temperature, extremities are always cold without soaks or gloves, no fever temp (usually between 95.96, and 98.9).
This has gone and come back several times over the last two months, but with no fever I continue to work, and no one has shown similar symptoms at either of my jobs.

It re occurs, persisting anywhere from 48 hours to two weeks. It's not consistent with activity, lack of activity, sleep pattern, bowl movements, work schedule, diet, etc. It seems to be fairly random.
I have tried hydrocodone, Flexoril, naproxin, prednisone, yoga, stretches, exercise, rest, oils, massage,

I am set to see a neurologist in April, but am out options with my gp...

Any suggestions?

I thank you for your response, and I am sorry it took so long to respond. As it turns out I have been dealing with bronchitis for the last few weeks, and obtaining it in the weeks prior. I finished my antibodies last Wed. Still coughing rough, but overall OK I guess. I've discussed fibromyalgia with my Dr previously and she did not feel that was the case So she's sending me to a back specialist to rule that out I guess.
Again, thank you so much for your response. Attune I'm sorry for the delay in mine.

HERWriter Guide (reply to xoltol)

Good to hear from you again - keep us posted on your next visit. I'm glad you're feeling better.

April is a long way away when you are in this kind of discomfort. 

Have you ever been tested for any kind of auto immune disease?  I think you should be tested, if you haven't and you should also discuss the possibility of fibromyalgia. 

Read more on fibromyalgia here:

Fibro and immune disorders have flare ups. It sounds like you are also having flares of whatever is going on (flares lasting from two days to two weeks, then feeling ok for a while, then flaring again).  I do think you need to talk to your doctors about this. 

Check our our autoimmune community here:

Of course, we cannot diagnose anyone but I'd like you to consider these possibilities.  

Also, have your home checked for mold and/or other contaminants. 

Let us know what you think! 

Autoimmune Disorders