Wellness

ask: Acupuncture

By Melissa6666

Hi, There is something I'm wondering about and I thought I'd get your opinion here. I have scoliosis and in general I get back pain and I also have pain in the breast bone area. I take medications for pain as needed which are helpful and my neurologist was talking to me about acupuncture. I know what is acupuncture but I'm scared of needles. What I want to know is how does acupuncture work exactly? My neurologist told me they do it in the office does it mean insurance covers such procedure? When having acupuncture done how does it feel exactly and for how long they keep the needles in you?

The other thing I want to know is would you know if acupuncture is safe to have it done in the breast bone area? I have a lot of sensitivity and pain in such area and I want to make sure if acupuncture is safe to have done for this matter. I'm going to ask my doctor about this, I'm going to see him this Tuesday so I will ask him then. Please let me know about these soon.

Thank You,
Melissa

Anonymous

Hi Melissa6666,

Welcome back! Acupuncture is a form of Chinese medicine that has been practiced for centuries. It's based on the theory that energy, called chi.  Acupuncturists believe that illness occurs when something blocks or unbalances your chi. Acupuncture is a way to unblock or influence chi and help it flow back into balance.

People use acupuncture to relieve pain and treat certain health conditions. It’s used to treat stroke rehabilitation, fibromyalgia, pain, Osteoarthritis and many other.  If need to ask your doctor or acupuncturist, if acupuncture can be used to treat your condition or pain. Hope this was helpful?

Daisy

Melissa6666 (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for letting me know.
Melissa

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: