Adderall dosage

Hi there! My husband and his ex wife have put their 14 yr. old son on Adderall. I have to say that the change has been remarkable. He's focused, calm, polite and for lack of a better word "even". I'm worried, though, because I just found out that they will give him his dose for 2 days, then stop for 3 or 4 days, then start him up again. This seems really scary and unhealthy to me. From what I've seen, it's a daily dosage and messing around with it could cause him more harm than good. Will you please let me know if I'm right or wrong? I'm a bit of a worrier, so I may be concerned for no reason. :-)
Thanks and I look forward to hearing your response!

If this medication is meant to be taken daily, then he absolutely needs to be on this daily. Going on and off medications like this isn't good at all, and can hinder progress and confuse this teenage boy even more.

Since you are not his parent, all you can do is talk to your husband about your concerns. Ask him why he is not being consistent with this medication for his son and explain the risks over this. Let him know, in a caring manner, why you are concerned. Don't talk to his Mom about this.

Good luck, I know you are in a difficult position.

Also... After being on for 2 days and then off for 3, when I brought him home from school Monday, he was angry, depressed and ended up falling asleep on the couch after school. (the falling asleep part NEVER happens) However, he did spend that day at Sunsplash with his school so he was in the heat and sun all day. I just don't know...

ADHD Guide