After a heartbeat is heard on an ultrasound what is the chances of misscariages? I'm 8 weeks and one day. My ultrasoundsound when I measured 7 weeks 3 days even though according to my lmp I was suppose to be 8 weeks 6 days

By Anonymous April 16, 2013 - 10:50am

Thank you for the response. I think I did ovulate day so that's most likely the reason for being 10 days off.

We can't give you a percentage on miscarriage risks - but it's thought that up to one third of pregnancies end in miscarriage. You're still early in your pregnancy. I know that miscarriage is something that every woman dreads but as long as things are going ok, you shouldn't worry.

A heart beat happens pretty early in a pregnancy. It's good you're hearing one!

I'm not sure why your ultrasound is measuring 10 days differently to where you think you should be unless you ovulated a lot later than you thought. I don't think this is something that should cause a lot of concern but ask your doctor or midwife about this for reassurance.

We wish you a very healthy pregnancy and delivery!