After hip replacement

I am 32 years old and I am scheduled to go to a hip replacement surgery, I wanted to know from someone that have done it before, will I be walking properly after the operation? Is the pain going to disappear? Will I be able to make longer walks?

Thanks for your question and I do hope other women who have gone through this will give you their input.

In the meantime, you can read stories that women have already posted here, starting with this: http://www.empowher.com/community/share/my-hip-replacement-story-after-lifetime-running-aerobics-yoga-tennis

We also have a Hip Replacement section where you can read lots of other articles and stories: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/hip-replacement

If we can help you in the meantime, please let us know - and good luck with your surgery.

Hi Anon. I am 37 years old and scheduled for my THR in just 3 weeks. Could you maybe share with me your experiences since we are not at 'typical' age for this surgery? I am interested to hear about your recovery period. I am an OR nurse and am used to DOING these surgeries....and have not a clue what happens to my patients afterward. I hope all went well and that your feeling great.

Hip Dislocation