ask: After my period, a few days later, it came back again. Only that the blood didn't smell like how it should. What's wrong?

By ezarach

So, like I said, after my 'real' period, a few days later or I think it took about a week or so, I got red discharge again but it didn't smell like blood. Maybe that's because I washed my vagina before that so the smell was covered or got washed away.

And the discharge isn't the same as that of a normal period but tonight, it kind of filled my underwear a bit.

What's wrong?

Hi ezarach

Intermittent bleeding is not normal - are you on any medication that could cause this? Did you take any emergency contraception (this can cause irregular bleeding). Or did you have sex without lubricant?

If this happens again, consult your doctor. As for the smell - not all blood has a strong smell.

Please keep us posted!

ezarach (reply to Susan Cody)

No, I'm not under any medication or emergency contraception. About a year ago, I had sex without lubricant once or twice - I can't really remember.

I researched about intermittent bleeding and am pretty much convinced that I might have chlamydia because my discharge is a little thick (idk if that's how to describe it), has a strong odor and sometimes it has that sour-ish smell.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to ezarach)

Hi ezarach

It good to see you doing your own research, good for you.

You really do need to be seen, the symptoms you just wrote about can indeed be connected to chlamydia and without treatment, it can lead to infertility. Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/sexual-well-being/content/chlamydia-get-facts

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: