after you have an ankle fusion how long does your ankle stay stiff?

I had an ankle fusion 5 months ago. My ankle feels stiff most of the time even though I move it up and down about every ten minutes or so. The outer side of my left foot and my last 3 toes also feels like needles and pins. Do these feelings ever go away? My Dr keeps telling me to be patient. Are these feeling normal.

We have a very active thread where other "fusers" help each other out. I suggest you post there for the most replies: