ask: almost 2 months with no period, lower back - sore sometimes, cramps, and breast tender/ nipples sore and sensitive... but negative test ? could i still be pregnant.?

By mandii

it's now march, and my last period was jan. i went to the doctor last month and told him about it, and he did a preg. test, but it came back negative... its now almost half way through march, and still nothing, (almost time again)... as i listed in the question, i have those symptoms, and around the time i missed my period ( a little before and a little after, about 1week and a half ) i felt kinda sick... after that passed i was fine though... i was wondering, even if the doctor did a urine test could it still be wrong, could i be pregnant? or could it be something else?

Anonymous

Having the same issue. I'm 24. Married. I've never had a missed period. I've been late before but never almost 3 months late... I've been taking home tests but they're negative. My breasts are very sore but no other symptoms. I have no kids so this is all new to me. Any advice?? Has this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

I am also 17 & I am 2 months late on my period and I have the same symptoms as you there has been a problem before with the condom breaking with me & my boyfriend. I've been to the gyno but they didn't say anything about me being pregnant . I am going to take a test tomorrow .

Anonymous

i would like to ask if should go to OB.? Since i had 3 months missed menstruation from nov-jan.. as of today February i had my menstruation but yet very scanty only, for 4 days only with a little blood only (dark red). I dont experince body pain. i Had PT but yet negative..

is there a problem with it??

thank you.

Anonymous

I need help . I haven't taken a pregancy test well i have but it Came of negative-. i had my period on september ad havent goten my period since but i have no signs of being pregant and im bearly 19 . but me and my boyfriwnd are trying to concive , and im irrgular . idk what to do ..????

Anonymous

My last period was on November 20th. This past week I had experienced lower back pain and stomach pain. I believ this is just happening because of the way I landed when I slipped on ice on my driveway. My breast don't hurt, they just itch sometimes. My urine test was negative. I'm freaking out because I heard of postcystic ovarian syndrome and I'm afraid that could be the reason.

Anonymous

my is michele i am 26 and i had my last period aug 19th and i was surpose to get my last period stepember 21 and i havent gotten it but i am getting pains and cramping...i am not almost 2 months with out haveing a period i took 3 pregancey test and they came back NOt pergancey what do u think it is

i have the exact same thing happening. i learned that your body can hide the pregnancy. so you could be pregnant and not know. try to have ur stomach checked

Anonymous

i am in the same boat EXCEPT I HAVE NO INSURANCE CURRENTLY and am cystic. My last menstrual period was 6/5/2012 and I know that my husband and I were sexually active during my peek time last month. I have all the symptom of pg but have taken 2 tests, both came back negative. I am trying to stay calm and not stress to hared but.......
The last cyst i had removed was so bad that i lost my tube and ovary on the left side. i was told i could not have kids with out help but have had a baby girl and 2 miscarriages since then (2008). I really want to get blood tests done but they cost. i also am terrified of hearing i have another CYST W/O THE ABILITY TO GET TREATMENT. I figured I have missed cycles now so I can wait at least one more. By 3-4 months gestation I'm sure there will be no question, based on the information Alison posted above, whether its a baby or something else. In the mean time I pray hubby can get promoted back to full time benefits or we find cheap coverage. How long is it okay for me to wait?

mandii

soo still nothing, went to the doctors again, did a test, and it was neg again... soo im going to wait and see if i get my period by the end of the month (when im supose too) if not, im going to see if my doctor can do something like check my blood or something... i heard from a friend i could be anemic. so ill get that checked out.

Alison Beaver (reply to mandii)

Mandii,

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, your last menstrual period was end of January, and you haven't missed March's period yet (you said it's supposed to begin at the end of the month). So, you've really only missed February's period, which can be completely normal.

I just want to make sure that you aren't "self-diagnosing" and having a lot of un-necessary tests unless your doctor prescribes it. There are other signs of anemia, and if you aren't having any other symptoms (not including late/missed period):
* Tiredness
* Lethargy
* Feeling faint
* Paleness
* Shortness of breath
* Dizziness
* Headache
* Coldness in the hands and feet
* Pale skin
* Chest pain
* Rapid or irregular heartbeat

....then I would listen to what your doctor recommends, as s/he may not test you for anemia. We could all play the "guessing game" as to why you missed one period, but many, many women (especially teens) have irregular periods, and can even miss a period..or two...and not know the reason. There is a condition called amenorrhea that means the absence of a period, but that medical term does not even apply until a woman has missed three or more periods. It is just that common for women to miss a period, even two, and have no underlying medical condition. Reasons for a missed period can be anything from: excess stress, recent illness, new medication, sudden weight gain/loss or other unknown factors (once pregnancy is ruled out, of course).
And, yes, there is always the possibility of an underlying medical condition that is causing a missed period, but since you, your mom and your doctor are aware of your situation, I have confidence that you will receive good medical evaluations if the time comes (if you do not get a period within the next few cycles).

Bottom line: you've "only" missed one period, and your next period should start soon. If it does not, I'm sure you will go to the doctor for a medical evaluation, but please know that even missing two periods is not a "danger" sign in-and-of itself. It is smart to have routine tests done, but you don't want to go overboard with tests, either, when what you are experiencing is common and not a health risk. Keep taking care of yourself, which also means emotionally/mentally by not worrying too much, or looking at the calendar wondering when your period will begin.

Let me know if I can clarify any of this further, as I hope it made sense.

Take care, and please let us know the minute your period begins!

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: