ask: almost 2 months with no period, lower back - sore sometimes, cramps, and breast tender/ nipples sore and sensitive... but negative test ? could i still be pregnant.?

it's now march, and my last period was jan. i went to the doctor last month and told him about it, and he did a preg. test, but it came back negative... its now almost half way through march, and still nothing, (almost time again)... as i listed in the question, i have those symptoms, and around the time i missed my period ( a little before and a little after, about 1week and a half ) i felt kinda sick... after that passed i was fine though... i was wondering, even if the doctor did a urine test could it still be wrong, could i be pregnant? or could it be something else?

Anonymous

hi im 28 years old, i had my periods at the end febuary, since then i never have periods again, iv done 2 pregnancy test already they come out negative what could be possible wrong please help

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Are you generally regular?

If you can rule out pregnancy, then stress, medications, an upset in life or a hormonal imbalance could be to blame. 

A visit to your doctor for some tests (blood tests) can let you know more. 

Anonymous

hi.I just turned 42 years old…im concerned because i haven’t menstruated since first week of january.I took a hpt about a week ago,but it was negative.all of last week i was going through alot of changes,such as,night sweats,very frequent urinating,increased appetite and food cravings,(vinegar and chocolate),bloating,slight pelvic pressure,tired but cant sleep.the list goes on and on…so im concerned as to what is happening to my body,am i perhaps pregnant or am i having pre-menopause symptons.any advice would be helpful,thank you.

You're right, it could be peri-menopause and you have some of the symptoms. 

If you feel worse, see a doctor. Other than that, menopause is a normal cycle that women go through mid-life.  You can get help for some of the symptoms though - you don't have to live in misery.

Read more here: 

http://www.empowher.com/condition/perimenopause

Anonymous

Hi i know this is an older post but I was wondering if anyone found out anything?! It's currently 2/27/2015 and I had light spotting on 1/12 but no actually flow. But don't remember having a period in December. I've taken home pregnancy tests and they've been negative. I feel like something is definitely going on, but don't want to get my hopes up about pregnancy.

Anonymous

Hii iam married. I never had missed period before. My last period was 2 months ago. Only breast tendercy and no other symptoms. Had pregnancy test became false.. what will be the reason. Will you please tell me. Thanks

Anonymous

Hi I am 23 and the last time I come on was the 8th of December and come of on the 13th December i do get lower back pains it dose all so feel like lil movent like Lil butteflys I have done to test both came bk not pregnant but I have also been doctors about how my belly if as it dose look like I am pregnant the transfered my to hospital and they said that there was no think wrong as they did ulra sound and no think came up plz could some one help me plz and wot could this be i do have sore boobs

It's likely your breast pain and lack of periods may be due to some kind of hormonal balance.  Some blood tests will help you to figure this out.

Anonymous

i kind of have the same problem.
I haven't had my period since early December and its now Febuary and I was due for this months 9 days ago so I'm scared I've missed it for a 2nd month.
I've been quite fatigue this past month and have had very sore breasts. I was penetrated early January and that night I went to hospital for other reasons and they done a urine test and it came back negative - obviously because it was the night I was penetrated haha. But I'm not sure if I'm worrying over nothing or if I should go back to the doctor or what?

You should take a pregnancy test to rule that out.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: