ask: almost 2 months with no period, lower back - sore sometimes, cramps, and breast tender/ nipples sore and sensitive... but negative test ? could i still be pregnant.?

it's now march, and my last period was jan. i went to the doctor last month and told him about it, and he did a preg. test, but it came back negative... its now almost half way through march, and still nothing, (almost time again)... as i listed in the question, i have those symptoms, and around the time i missed my period ( a little before and a little after, about 1week and a half ) i felt kinda sick... after that passed i was fine though... i was wondering, even if the doctor did a urine test could it still be wrong, could i be pregnant? or could it be something else?

Anonymous

hi.I just turned 42 years old…im concerned because i haven’t menstruated since first week of january.I took a hpt about a week ago,but it was negative.all of last week i was going through alot of changes,such as,night sweats,very frequent urinating,increased appetite and food cravings,(vinegar and chocolate),bloating,slight pelvic pressure,tired but cant sleep.the list goes on and on…so im concerned as to what is happening to my body,am i perhaps pregnant or am i having pre-menopause symptons.any advice would be helpful,thank you.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You're right, it could be peri-menopause and you have some of the symptoms. 

If you feel worse, see a doctor. Other than that, menopause is a normal cycle that women go through mid-life.  You can get help for some of the symptoms though - you don't have to live in misery.

Read more here: 

http://www.empowher.com/condition/perimenopause

Anonymous

Hi i know this is an older post but I was wondering if anyone found out anything?! It's currently 2/27/2015 and I had light spotting on 1/12 but no actually flow. But don't remember having a period in December. I've taken home pregnancy tests and they've been negative. I feel like something is definitely going on, but don't want to get my hopes up about pregnancy.

Anonymous

Hii iam married. I never had missed period before. My last period was 2 months ago. Only breast tendercy and no other symptoms. Had pregnancy test became false.. what will be the reason. Will you please tell me. Thanks

Anonymous

Hi I am 23 and the last time I come on was the 8th of December and come of on the 13th December i do get lower back pains it dose all so feel like lil movent like Lil butteflys I have done to test both came bk not pregnant but I have also been doctors about how my belly if as it dose look like I am pregnant the transfered my to hospital and they said that there was no think wrong as they did ulra sound and no think came up plz could some one help me plz and wot could this be i do have sore boobs

It's likely your breast pain and lack of periods may be due to some kind of hormonal balance.  Some blood tests will help you to figure this out.

Anonymous

i kind of have the same problem.
I haven't had my period since early December and its now Febuary and I was due for this months 9 days ago so I'm scared I've missed it for a 2nd month.
I've been quite fatigue this past month and have had very sore breasts. I was penetrated early January and that night I went to hospital for other reasons and they done a urine test and it came back negative - obviously because it was the night I was penetrated haha. But I'm not sure if I'm worrying over nothing or if I should go back to the doctor or what?

You should take a pregnancy test to rule that out.

Anonymous

Im 19. My last period was September. And now's December 30, 2014. I never had any sexual intercourse, and I'm hundred percent sure that I am not pregnant. What could be the reasons for my missed menstruation? I've been stressed the past months, sleep deprived and im not gaining weight rapidly. Please help me. Thank you. :)

My mother missed her cycle for 6 months straight and at different times of her life when she was a young girl. Her mother took her to the doctor to check for signs of pregnancy no matter how my mother denied the possibility of a baby due too her virginity. She had to take birth control to regulate her cycle. She was able to have two children pretty quick and then had several years of miscarriages before she finally gave birth to another baby girl, then me.
I'm the youngest and I seem to be VERY fertile yet my older sisters have had lots of issues. My sister could only miscarry when she did concieve until about 10 years later then she had 4 children, and my other sister hasn't had any children that I know of and she's been trying with her husband since 2004 or 2005. Both of them grew up with messed up cycles too.
I personally think that it's what you're eating or not eating. You could raise one lacking nutrient and it would greatly improve your health. I stopped have horrible cycles when I ate clean so I recommend you ladies do the same.
(No more "organic" soy, canola oil, wheat, and cut out as much corn as possible). Start with some green smoothies and home made milk shakes. Cucumber is the best cleanser in the wide world. Drink some organic teas and sweeten them with honey or agave nectar and never sugar (becuase sugar takes away the healing power). It doesn't take much to gather 4 or 5 apples or bananas and eat them.
Health is key. So remember, if your cycle is off then your reproducing is off. Messed up cycle is not healthy and the only way to fix it is what you feed your body. If you don't want to go Vegan or Fully Raw Vegan then they have Whole Food or Paleo diets plus other options that have really helped several people :)

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: