Always dizzy, tired and just not feeling right.

By July 24, 2013 - 8:23am

About a year and a half ago I was feeling perfectly fine when suddenly my vision slanted. At first I thought that my desk was falling over to the right and I quickly grabbed it, but I looked up and realized the whole room was slanted to the right. It lasted for around 20 seconds and after I was all shaky but fine. It never happened again but I felt dizzy a lot of the time after that and a few months later I started having panic attacks. The symptoms seemed to pretty much go away a bit later except for me being tired all the time and then a few months ago the dizziness came back and I had another panic attack. about 2 weeks ago I suddenly couldn't think straight, I couldn't think of simple words and my vision was all weird like I couldn't see full words, that went on for around 20 minutes. I went to the doctors who gave me no answers, he was supposed to send me to a neurologist but still hasn't even though I have called a few times! Now my vision is all weird, not really bad but kind of hazy, with halos and shadows and I see a lot of floaters and I am dizzy all the time. I don't know what to do anymore, my doctor doesn't even seem to care. Even before this all happened I was always tired and got a lot of headaches so it has been a long time since I felt good and it holds me back because I never feel like doing much. I just want answers so hopefully I can start feeling better.

Hi Brandy25

Thanks for your post - I'm sorry you're feeling so unwell.

I think the first thing you need to do is either get rid of your doctor or make a complaint. He is being negligent of a patient who clearly needs attending to. Ask to be referred to another doctor and explain why.

Your symptoms could be linked to various problems from eye or ear conditions (like Vertigo) or to a neurological problem that could be serious. You need to get tested and the sooner the better since this has become a long-standing issue with you. 

Unfortunately, we can't tell you what may be wrong, other than looking at your symptoms and giving you some pointers. Don't wait on your doctor anymore; ask to be seen by someone different and be vocal as to why. Make sure you get an immediate referral and ask for it to be marked as "urgent" rather than "routine" as this could get you in within a week, rather than weeks or even months with it being just "routine".

I suggest you start this as soon as you can.

Please stay in contact with us-

Vertigo Guide