By April 8, 2010 - 11:53pm

Two periods in the last 12 months. One in July 09 and one in November 09... Doctor tested me for endometrial cancer and thank god, that wasn't the case but never really said what was causing my amenorrhea.

I am only 42 so kind of young for perimenopause. So I should ask to have my hormones levels checked? I don't think I've had any menopausal symptomes like hotflashes but I do feel like I have PMS all the time. I just wondered why my doctor wasn't giving me an answer to the question was this perimenopause.

Hi Rebecca!

I need to know a little more about you to help you out. Can you please let me know your age? Also, are you having other symptoms of perimenopause? These will include :

PMS-like symptoms (bloating, breast tenderness), hot flashes and night sweats, insomnia, vaginal dryness, and changes in the breasts.
Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/perimenopause

Since missed periods are usually the first sign, you may well be in perimenopause. Have you had your hormone levels checked?

Please update is with answers to my questions so that we can help you more - I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Perimenopause Guide