Am I pregnant?

By September 11, 2014 - 8:42pm

my last period was July 24. i missed my period in Aug. it is now a week before my next period is to start. on tuesday, 9/9, i started light cramping in my lower abdomen and brown spotting only when i wiped. on wednesday, 9/10, the cramps got a little worse and the spotting became dark brown and a little more than the day before. today, 9/11, its like a period but dark and heavy. before, i was always regular with my period, always on time, only 3 days, no cramping, no PMS. i just turned 37. what is really going on/

Hi Tonjyap

I cannot say why you skipped your period - did you take a pregnancy test to rule that out?

You may have skipped it due to a hormonal shift or if you have been feeling unwell or stressed. 

It sounds like you are on your period now, even though it isn't your usual kind of period. 

I don't think you have anything to worry about in terms of your bleeding this month and if you haven't been having unprotected sex. . As we leave our 30s, our menstrual cycles can change and can become less regular. 

See what the next few months bring and if you remain very irregular or skip months again, see your doctor.