am i pregnant

By October 3, 2009 - 1:45pm

i had a period around aug 26-31 a couple days after that me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. didnt have a period for the month of sept me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex again sept 28 in now i have a period which started oct 1. i started my period towards the end of aug n didnt have one for sept n started again in oct the first of the month. so i was wondering if their is a chance that i could be pregnant.

Dear Mechell09

Firstly, anytime you have unprotected sex, you can get pregnant. It doesn't matter the time of the month - our cycles can vary, sometimes out of the blue, even if we're generally very regular.

If you skipped you period entirely in September, there is a possibility that you are now pregnant and either a) miscarrying or b) spotting in pregnancy.

It's also a possibility that you simply skipped your period for an unknown reason in September and are having your regular period now. Is skipping a month something that has happened before?

Taking a pregnancy test, even if you have your period (or what you think is you period) is a good idea.

And please remember to use protection at all times if you wish to avoid pregnancy. We wish you the best!