Am I Pregnant?

By February 16, 2015 - 1:29am

Hi! I took plan b 12 hours after the condom ripped, and it was roughly 4 days before ovulation according to my period tracker app. About 1 week later, I started bleeding and I believed this was my period...the bleeding lasted about a week..but now it's been 4 days after the bleeding and I'm bleeding all over again with cramps and bloating..is this a sign of pregnancy? I'm not supposed to get another period until the 28th of February..is this normal??

Hi bh1993

Emergency contraception causes irregular bleeding so what you are experiencing is normal.  

Emergency contraception is between 90-95% effective when you take it within 24 hours so your risk is very low. 

However, you can take a test 14-15 days after you had sex to confirm this.

Thank you Susan! I know I took it in the right time frame, and it was 4 days before ovulation according to my period tracker app..hopefully the test will come back negative...

Thanks again!