Am I pregnant?

By February 16, 2016 - 7:42am

So two months ago me and my boyfriend rubbed our genitals together for about 10 - 15 minutes; he was in underwear but they may have slipped meaning it was direct contact. No ejaculation occurred. I got my period 2 weeks after that. We have not done anything risky since that event, occasional outer course. I took a pregnancy test when my period was 2 days late this month, it was due 2/12 and on 2/14 I took the test. The test was in my hands instead of on a flat surface, but it said negative. Then I got my period that same day. I'm on the third day of my period and it seems like it's stopping already... Could I be pregnant? I'm scared.

So it doesn't matter that I didn't put the test on a flat surface? I held it in my hands and watched my urine fill up to a negative result... Should I take another? Or is there no reason too? Also, I read that some people don't find out they are pregnant for months because they have normal periods each month.. Is that true? :(

HERWriter Guide (reply to Juliannamarie1998)

Hello again,

I don't believe you need to but you can take another test if you wish and place it on a flat surface, that's up to you. But you can't get pregnant from what you did - that's all we can tell you, regardless of what you read on the Internet. Women don't get menstrual periods when pregnant but they can bleed sometimes.

Don't keep reading up on things, don't believe everything you read on the web. And it's better not to make up reasons to worry about pregnancy when it couldn't happen from what you did.

Hi Juliannamarie1998

There is no indication that you are pregnant. You did not have sex, your boyfriend was wearing underwear and you have had two periods since as well as negative tests. You can't be pregnant.

Please don't overthink this - you are not pregnant and your period sounds perfectly normal.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/reproductive-system/content/how-sex-works