Am I pregnant?

My last period was on June 27th. I had sex that night with a condom. On the night of july 4th I had sex again but the next morning found the condom int he bathroom. I took plan b as soon as possible. Exactly a week later I began to bleed and it was dark brown and began to turn bright red. It lasted about 4 days. My period was due on the 23 of july But didn't come. Could I be pregnant? or was that my period already?

Hi KBrehmer!

I don't know what you mean by you found the condom the bathroom the next morning. Did you use one or not?

If you did, you are fine. If not, Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective for women under 176 pounds (it is less effective for women over 165 pounds and ineffective for women over 176 pounds) when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so your risk is very small. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a generally feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding. If you don’t get your next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low.

Since it has been some time, take a test to be sure.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-cont...