Am I Pregnant ?

I took the take action pill 30 minutes after the condom broke while having sex I had my period from the 10-15 we had sex on the 20 , 3 days ago I had a thick red/brown blood that changed to a regular blood color, I am suppose to get my period the beginning of September I believe.. Am i pregnant ?

Hi Troubled!

Welcome to EmpowHER!

Nobody can tell you over the Internet if you are pregnant - that is what pregnancy tests are for.

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective for women under 176 pounds (it is less effective for women over 165 pounds and ineffective for women over 176 pounds) when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so your risk is very small. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding. This is the bleeding you are experiencing now. Your next period should be sometime in September but we cannot say when. It may be delayed as a result of the medication you took - this is a common side effect.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-cont...

On the third it will be 2 weeks since it happened is that an ok time to get a test?? && the blood went away for a day and just came back again? Is that normal

HERWriter Guide (reply to Troubled281811)

Hi again!

There is no 'real' normal when it comes to side effects from emergency contraception as all women react differently. Early pregnancy tests are usually accurate 2-3 weeks after sex - again, your risk is very low.