am i pregnant ?

By August 16, 2010 - 9:44am

i have been on birth control for about 2 1/2 years now. i had unprotected sex while on my period and he came inside me. but i already was on my 2nd active pill from the new pack that i started. im afraid that i might be pregnant . can somebody please help me ?

Hi Victoria!

A woman is protected while on inactive pills. The body does not need them since all they need are the 21 days of active pills in order to protect you.

We take the inactive pills to remind us to keep taking pills at around the same time everyday and also because they contain iron, which is something we may need during our periods.

So there is no need to use any other kind of protection. There is no "unsafe" time when taking your pills exactly as directed.

I hope this helps you!

thank you very much that eases my mind alot.