Am I Pregnant?

I'm 19 years old & have my periods every month. However, I do not have a specific cycle, as mine changes every month. March 5th 2011 was the last period I had & I have not gotten one since. I have taken 3 hpts, as well as a blood test & they all came back negative. However, I have every symptom of pregnancy. My mom even thinks I'm pregnant as my breasts have gained a cup size in the last month, as well as the colour around the nipple has darkened. I have also gained about 15-20 pounds in the last 2 months, all showing only in my abdomen. Please let me know if it's possible I still could be pregnant & if not, what else could be causing this?

So, I went to the doctors this past Wednesday & he confirmed to the best of his knowledge (without an ultrasound) that I'm not pregnant. He also said that all my hormones were at the levels he expected them to be at, except one was 3 times higher than it should be. He didn't tell me which hormone he was referring to though. Anyway, he said it's possible I have poly-cystic ovarian syndrome, but nothing can be determined until my ultrasound on the 28th of July. So for now, I'm taking progesterone pills with my bc pills & hoping that starts something.

So, I went to the doctors Wednesday & they gave me a blood test to check HCG levels, as well as my hormones. I'm also getting a pelvic ultrasound & I have to take progesterone pills ten days before my menstrual would be due. So, hopefully something gets figured out soon.

HERWriter Guide (reply to KarleeHannah)

Thanks for your update!

I'm glad all this is being investigated and please keep us updated!

Hey, me again, my doctors appointment is in 5 days, but I was wondering if perhaps I should go to the hospital anyway.

For the last few days, I have had severe abdominal pain on my left side. So bad, I can't sleep at night & it hurts to walk, move or even sneeze/cough. The pain hasn't gone away at all nor has it toned down at all. Please let me know what you think.

HERWriter Guide (reply to KarleeHannah)

Hi KarleeHannah

Thanks for your post. It's a good idea to go to the ER when in this kind of pain. Pain that stops you from sleeping or moving needs immediate attention. Please let us know how it goes,

Thank you both for your comments.

I booked an appointment with my doctor, but the earliest I could be seen is June 8th. As for the line, I've had that since I was born, however, my mother did tell me it hasn't gotten any darker.

HERWriter Guide (reply to KarleeHannah)

Hi Karlee

Thanks for the update! It's a pity you have to wait so long for an appointment but you are doing the right thing by seeing a doctor. This kind of abdominal weight gain is not normal. It could be something easily solved but seeing a doctor is important.

Let us know how it goes and if things get worse in the meantime, make sure you are seen straight away,

The only thing that has changed is that I have some pain in my abdomen. Not so painful I can't stand it, but it is more than just the average menstrual cramps. The only problem is, I've been to the hospital in my city so much because of abdominal pain & have nothing turn up, that the doctors don't really want to see me. Or if they do, it takes them anywhere from 2 hours to 7 hours to be seen. Plus, they only run a blood test, & urine test. Then they send me home with some pain meds. It's really frustrating.

I'm sorry, Anon, I know how frustrating it is when in pain and not knowing why.

Hang on until your appointment and make sure you are prepared for your visit. Write things down and make lists if you need to.

Thank you both for your comments.

I booked an appointment with the doctor, but the earliest I could be seen is June 8th. As for the line, I've always had that since I was born, however, my mother did tell me it hasn't gotten any darker that she can tell.