Am I pregnant? I am 35 I have been trying to get pregnant for 4 months .This monthI I was suppose to get periode on 2/21 . Took hpt on 2/18 it was negative .Yesterday had bad lower front and back cramps some bleeding . Bleeding stopped today

By March 1, 2013 - 11:57am

Hi steph3

Taking a pregnancy test 3 days early should make the test very accurate but not for all women so I encourage you to test again.

Sometimes a period will come and go for a day or two before becoming a regular, normal 3-7 day period. This may be what is happening to you.

Also, at 35, if you are not pregnant after 6 months of trying, you need to see a doctor about possible assistance in getting pregnant and your husband may need to be checked too.

Good luck, I was pregnant at 34,  35  and 36 (all healthy babes! ) and so were most people I know so it's very possible - I hope you have success soon!