Q: 

Am I pregnant? I'm a virgin

By Anonymous April 19, 2017 - 5:41am

This is sort of long but i'm horrified and don't know who to talk to because i'm so young. i just turned 17. three months ago my boyfriend and i were dry humping but i do not believe he ejaculated because it's very rare that he does. He had jeans and boxers on and I had leggings and panties, but during that month i started experiencing many pregnancy symptoms. I was so stressed and depressed when my period was five days late, but then it finally came and i was relieved. The month after that went by without a hitch, and i got my period again on the same exact day as the month before and it was the normal heavy flow. Now this month, three months after the initial month i experienced pregnancy symptoms, I'm gaining weight, have a pretty light (but still dark to me) line from my belly button to pelvic area, and am very bloated and it looks like my stomach is growing. I read online that many women will have their periods and still be pregnant, but i'm a virgin and am so terrified that i could be but i do not understand how!? i don't know if my anxiety is creating symptoms but they are all spot on and physical symptoms that go beyond mental things. Im scared to talk to my mother because she will only assume i had sex and don't know where to turn. i'm so scared.

Guide

Welcome to EmpowHER. I am glad you reached out to our community.

You are not pregnant. Stressing about this and any associated anxiety may be playing tricks on you.

You are not at risk for becoming pregnant by making out or having dry humping.
Your boyfriend did not ejaculate, Your clothing covered your genital areas.

Women may have spotting during their pregnancies. Spotting is very different from a menstrual period. During your period, the lining of the uterus is shed. That is what you see as a period flow. During pregnancy, the developing embryo is implanted in the lining of the uterus. If a woman is having a flow similar to her period, she is losing the pregnancy.

You have had your period, which despite postings on the internet, is the proof that you are not pregnant. Be aware, choose only credible websites:) False information is misleading.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

thank you! this had put my mind a bit at ease, i'm going to try and calm down and wait for my next period. it feels nice having an awesome website to come to.

Tags: