Am I pregnant or is my period just messed up?

Today is August 12. The first day of my last period was June 29. I was on the 3rd week of my active pills when I was experiencing light pregnancy symptoms (nightly nausea, breast/nipple tenderness). My friend told me that maybe I got pregnant so I should stop taking my pills to avoid complications with my baby if I were pregnant. I stopped taking my pills on July 17th and had 7 more days of active pills left. According to my period calendar app, my next period was to start July 29th but I never did. I have been extremely emotional for about 2 weeks and still haven't had a period. Yesterday (8/11) I took a home pregnancy test and it was a negative.

Hi DSmith

In future it's better not to just go with what a friend says by coming off the Pill - especially if you didn't know you were pregnant. Also, the pill will not hurt the baby, that's an old theory with no real basis in truth.

Your cycle may be irregular due to you coming off the pill. Since you test is negative pregnancy is not likely. If you don't get your period in the next month, you can consult with your doctor and always do this before consulting with friends.

Could I become pregnant within the time I am waiting for my period to show? Or is this like an extended time past my ovulation?

HERWriter Guide (reply to DSmith)

I'm sure it's possible.

I don't know when you're going to ovulate or when your next period is due. Keep trying until your next period and then start the process again.