Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

amenorrhea treatment for a 19 year old

By Anonymous September 14, 2012 - 7:25am
Rate This

i am 19 year old 5ft 3 inch and 44 kgs.i was slightly obesed when 17 and then tried to loose oodles by series of crash diets and rigorous exercise.i had an healthy period before but then they disappeared.i consulted a doctor who advised to undergo certain tests like fsh,lsh,haemoglobin but no ultrasound and the reports were all normal.she prescribed dultone tablet for 3 months and then again irregularity started.now i am taking a healthy diet of cheese and fats but still the periods flow only when i intake cyclonorm,and doesnt happen naturally.please suggest

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hi Anon

Other tests you can do is getting thyroid and pituitary glands checked as these can cause amenorrhea.

For info on other causes and treatments, click here: http://www.empowher.com/sexual-well-being/content/female-reproductive-sy...

Let us know what you think!


September 14, 2012 - 12:36pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Menstrual Cycle

Get Email Updates

Related Checklists

Menstrual Cycle Guide

HERWriter Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!