Anal cancer

By September 1, 2010 - 9:19am

Greetings to all.
My wife is sick anal cancer has been almost five years. At first want surgery, but according to the surgeon who will handle the operation, anal my wife should be closed forever. That's why my wife refused the operation until today. What I'm confused, is this the last six months my wife usually only the squat and 28 kilograms live weight.
Please guide.

Thanks for much for your post and for finding Empowher!

I am so sorry to hear about your wives anal cancer - a cancer that is gaining in numbers, unfortunately.

We need some clarification from you - when you say the recommended surgery will close her - do you mean will close her anus? Meaning she will be using a colostomy bag?

Has she had this cancer for 5 years with no treatment until today?

Also, I'm don't quite understand about 'usually using the squat and 28 kilograms'. Can you help us here? If she weighs 28 kgs (62 lbs), she may be near death - depending on her size. Even a only 5 feet tall (or a little under), she would be bed ridden and perhaps semi-conscious. Can you confirm you do mean 28 kgs?

Can you tell us her height?

Please update us right away so we can help you further and whatever actions doctors need to do to save her life - please be supportive.

I look forward to hearing from you very soon,