Another "Pregnant? or just Stress-induced missed period?" question

By March 30, 2009 - 8:05pm

The start of my most recent period was on Feb 26 - projected ovulation date being March 14, projected next period March 28 (via MyMonthlyCycles, where I have been keeping track of my period for 1 year). Average cycle - 30 days.

We had protected intercourse on March 3 and 24. The condom didn't break; slipped down maybe an inch but we pushed it right back up.

Now my period is 3 or 4 days late (depending if you count the 28th), with no usual signs of cramping etc that I normally get. Took two HPT's and both came out negative. Discharge looks normal, no tenderness of breasts or anything. I have had a little bit of an upset stomach but I think I may just be getting sick - I am under quite a bit of stress.

I know it's unlikely that I am pregnant, but I am paranoid since I can't afford to have a child right now. I have heard that stress really can throw off a regular period (I have been regular for 8 years now), but I have a hard time believing it since I am so paranoid... help? I don't know what's wrong with me!

Have a GYNO appt coming up in a month, but I'm the type of person who likes to know without going to the doc! It sure would be nice if my period would come!

Me (24) and my girlfriend (22) are getting a little bit paranoid and here’s what happened.

Her recent period started June 25, 2015.

And she said that there was still a little blood in her urine last July 1, 2015.

We had sex on that day (July 1,2015).

We first showered together with anti- bacterial soap and warm water.

After this, we went to bed and she sucked me off to get me hard then I put on a condom (newly bought with a 2019 expiration date) and we had sex. After several minutes I pulled out because I don’t want to ejaculate inside her even with a condom on. She then jacked me off to finish me (I came inside the condom). After this she took a shower while I checked the condom for holes by filling it up with water. There were no holes evident. Then I showered with soap and warm water after her.

After this we took a warm bath in the tub together with bubbles. This lasted for about 30 minutes. No genital contact happened. We just sat there side by side.

After the bath we again had sex. She then sucked me off to get me hard again and of course I put on another condom. After again several minutes, I felt that I can’t keep my penis hard so we stopped. I removed the condom and she jacked it off. We then went to the comfort room. She washed her hands with tap water and the anti - microbial soap thoroughly and fingered herself on the toilet afterwards. While I jack of in the shower until I came. I showered alone with the soap and the water and she joined me afterwards. After this I picked up the last condom we used and checked it again with water and no holes again were evident.

Take note that I am certain that no direct genital contact happened without a condom.

She also said that the day after (July 2, 2015) there was little blood on her panty liner and I think that that was just remnants of her period since it just ended.

Is there a high risk of pregnancy based on the scenarios above?

Sorry but we are getting a little paranoid.

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Did you have sex or didn't you? If you didn't then she can't get pregnant. No genital to genital contact means no sex and no pregnancy. The blood was just the end of her period.

Yes Susan, we had sex twice. But if you reread the story carefully it is with the use if condoms plus withdrawal both times.

Then the risk of pregnancy is about 2% or less.

Hi Susan.

How about the part where we took a bath together after the first round of sex? Is there a risk present in that situation?

Hi. I really need help. My last period was on june 6th and we did it on june 19 and 22. I am on a regular 26-29 days cycle. I was supposed to have my period on july 4th but it never came. I took the test july 7 and its negative. I have no other symptoms except for the missed period and the usual cramps. Could i be pregnant?

Just to add, we were using a protection.

If you had unprotected sex when you "did it" then yes, you could be pregnant. Test in another few days but it's good news that your recent test was negative. Your period may just be a little late - it's only a couple of days over anyway.

Hi susan! Thanks for the reply. Im just worried if I took the test a little early thats why its negative. Im too paranoid right now.

I really need help. So my boyfriend and I were dry humping. I had my underwear on, and so he decided to rub our genitals together... not even for 5 seconds it was really quick. But here's the thing, I'm certain that we was "dry" and he even confirmed it when I asked. My last period was on Jan. 24-30. I am irregular, but I'm completely paranoid that I might be pregnant. Feb. is almost done, and all I had are minor cramps and sore boobs.