answers please!!

By September 1, 2014 - 1:27pm

okay so I had unprotectedsex July 28th and my last period was July 10th I normally have a regular period butI got a UTI in August I went to the hospital August 13th they said that I was not pregnant and then a week later on the 20th I tested again from a home pregnancy test and got a negative now I'm still feeling abdominal pains a little back pains and I am having light blood every 2 days maybe I don't know if I could be pregnant and I'm just testing on the wrong days or if it is just a UTI messing my period up..i usually have breasts pains but im not..and i didnt have a period for august...Help me please!

Hi beautyqueen

A UTI should not directly affect your menstrual cycle but overall illness can affect it so this may be what is happening with you. 

If the only time you had unprotected sex was July and you tested negative for pregnancy twice in August, then pregnancy is highly unlikely for you. 

Your period has been delayed for some reason - perhaps due to illness or a change in your hormones this month. Your symptoms are an indication of PMS. Give yourself a few more days to see if your period arrives.