Skin, Hair & Nails

Skin, Hair & Nails Guide

ask: Any help for skin that gets sticky when it gets wet?

By Twig

Three nights ago I noticed that after washing my hands they felt really sticky, almost like when you use the last paper towel on the roll and you get that glue residue on your hands. However, it wasn't the last paper towel so I figured maybe the liquid soap was really old and doing funky things so I rewashed with dish soap and again grabbed a paper towel. Once again, my hands got sticky as I dried them off. Thinking now that there was something wrong with these paper towels, I washed again and this time dried with a hand towel only to yet again find my hands sticky as they dried off. The stickiness only lasts 30-60 seconds, until the skin completely dries, but during that in-between time of soaking wet and totally dry they feel very tacky to the touch and my fingers will actually stick to each other.

The next day when I took a shower I noticed that the water was beading up on the skin on my arms. Sure enough, when I dried off afterwards I found that all of my skin is tacky to the thouch until it is completely air dried.

Today I shaved my legs and my skin felt almost like it had a layer of wax on it that kept catching the razor. The skin on my hands seems to be getting more sticky when they get wet. Water continues to bead on my skin when it gets wet. I asked my children if they can feel that my skin is sticky to the touch and they said yes.

This is affecting all of my skin now, including my face. I always put a moisturizer on my face after washing and it does not feel like my skin is absorbing it now, it just feels heavy and greasy since the lotion just sits there on top. I also tried putting lotion on my hands and it was not absorbed at all, just left my hands feeling very slimy and greasy so I wiped it off.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this or have any suggestions for what might be causing it? Thanks for any held you can give.

Anonymous

I have new information to add here. As stated previously, Go to the Charles Holman Foundation and read studies. It is all there. The most recent study concluded that the dermal layer is disrupted due to a spirochete(Lyme disease), that has infected the skin. The skin, according to study becomes sticky due to hylauronic acid, which is a clear substance that leeches out (you can't see it). Please understand that if you have any symptoms of this, it is a serious systemic infection (affects whole body). As this illness progresses, the body breaks down further with other ailments. I had sticky skin for ten years before I experienced full blown symptoms. The specks, and fibers that some may experience when applying lotion to skin are manufactured by the body due to melanin, and keratin that also misfire. I originally stated that I felt this illness was related to GMO. I still believe that GMO may be the cause because when the body ingests GMO (genetically modified organisms), these organisms can proliferate in the gut which is the heart of the immune system, and causing illness There are many scientists who blew the whistle on GMO, but the fda, and cdc did not listen. Meanwhile, GMO also contains round up. Roundup is weed killer. the components of it called glyphosphate are part of the plant. The DNA of the seed is manipulated through a process called biotransformation, and the DNA that grows with the may plants contain with roundup, bacterias, viruses, and micro organisms to keep pests away from fields. Is it common sense that if not good for animals, then it must not be good for humans. I suspect that the round up destroys the natural gut flora, and the body is then open to all kinds of infections. There are many things to improve immunity and fight this back. If you have this and wait too long it is a nightmare. For me, my skin was exposed to a micromyasis infection. This means that small insects are able to lay larvea into the skin, and try to make a home in the skin. It is a traumatic, horrific, and super uncomfortable experience!! Normally, insects cannot get in as this is the circle of life, but humans are supposed to be able to fight off these attacks, but when there is no micro flora left (this was determined in study), these insects, bacterias, and viruses are able to make a home in the human body. It is believe that the insects are attracted to the hylauronic acid. DO you all notice that small flies follow you? The CDC, and others do not know what this is and are not willing to take a stand, nd have hushed people away. THe inept hospitals tow the company line too. It took 30 years for those who suffered with AIDS to be believed. They were also told they were delusional. I do not have to take the time to write this as I am well now, but on the chance I could help one person avoid this horrific experience, and be able to read between the lines and know that corruption is rampant, and that I am telling the truth. Reply here, and I will tell you some things that I did that helped me get well, and dont worry, I am not selling a thing. I am just so concerned that this illness is spreading like wildfire. There have even been famous people, and entire families that have been interviewed on television, and still nothing.

hi, my account won't let me log in. I have had about4 years of "sticky skin", and only when starting a huge vitamin drink regimen do i have some relief. my skin would stick only at night. My arms would stick to my side so severely that when i woke and raised my arm it would bruise the skin on my arm as it pulled away from my side. ouch. for some reason the vitamin drink has helped, it's almost gone now. So if i was missing "fluora" or whatever, plus vitamins i can understand your post. I had taken lots of IV meds for rheumatoid arthritis, which i maybe never had, and when the sticky skin started i decided to get off all RH meds. I did not know there were so many people with different types of this "sticky skin syndrome".

Anonymous

i am 54 years old and just recently as of last year started having sticky palms. it started with this my hands at first then my feet then my face it seems to be spreading. no one can give me an answer not even doctors. it has become very irritating. i dont know what to do about it. no one i know has this problem. i wash my hands constantly because they feel dirty but that just makes them worse.

Anonymous

look up Morgellons disease ONLY at the Charles Holman Foundation to learn symptoms. Once you understand that this disease is real unlike those who re sabotaging this information, you can search more. Sticky skin is a common complaint, and most who were afflicted feel the stickiness is due to a biofilm that may be caused by GMO which is in 80% of the American diet.
After several years if treatment, I am finally well. Here is another tidbit to think about: My chronic ailments i suffered with fir over 25 years are gone. This includes fibromyalgia, IBS, chronic pain, and migraine head aches. Not saying u have this, but it would be harmless to weed out symptom list, and try some suggestions by speaking with those affected and make a determination.

Anonymous

I have the same issue as most of you guys, my skin is sticky or tacky when it is damp but otherwise its fine. I noticed mine on my penis first on account of I am uncircumcised so my penis head is always a little damp or moist.... and there for it is constantly sticky. It took me a while to put together that my whole body was being sticky after showers and when i would sweat but now i realize that i too have this "sticky skin syndrome" Ive been struggling with this for about 2 years now. Ive went to a general practitioner dr and 2 dermatologist on 3 different occasions. We tried every kind of anti fungal cream you can imagine and antibiotics and a body wash with no results. At my last visit to the dermatologist he told me that it was probably just a hormonal change and basically nothing we can do about it. I feel like this is a death sentence ( pardon the drama). Am I just doomed to be sticky and nasty for the rest of my life now? I feel horrible. Like some of you this thing has began to consume my life and my self esteem is terribly low because of it. has anyone found a solution to this at all yet? Oh, I also tried the selsen blue thing to no avail.

Thank you for sharing. I'm headed close to 3 years now. I totally understand feeling like you've been handed a death sentence. This is obviously something new for the medical industry. Interesting you tried the fungus angle. I recently took a round of anti-fungal medicine and my face 'seemed' to do better. So, I've been continuing using Flakefree lotion on my face and it holds the breakout at bay. Also, taking Grapefruit Seed Extract in water and it seems to be corralling the digestive issues. I have olive leaf extract (anti-fungal) to add to the regimen. I still wonder about my water. Earlier on this site a fellow talked about there being, I think, some kind of bacteria in the water and he told us how to address that. I tried bleach.

I live alone. So my question is for those of you who have house mates....do other people in the family have this sticky skin too? Do your sexual partners get this too? If so, then that would seem to eliminate hormones. Last night I had a dream about exploring the hormone route on this.

It's good to know that people are still actively trying to solve this for everyone. The food industry is so tainted and free to mess with our food supply (especially Monsanto) with no concern for how it harms humans. Hopefully consciousness will evolve soon to a world concerned about humanity instead of money.

I have moved twice while i have been having this problem and have had 4 different roomates. So far None of them have been effected and it has followed me from place to place so In my case it doesnt seem to have anything to do with water. also has never spread to a sexual partner and all the Dr's i have seen tell me that it shouldent be contagious (not like they know what it is at all). Sense I last posted I went to the best urologist in the area a guy who graduated from an Ivy league school and had all these great credentials just to see if he could tell me what the problem was specificly because it is mostly a problem on my penis but he said i seemed totally healthy besides the tacky/stickyness and he had no idea what could be causing it or how to cure it. Great, another one bites the dust. My only alternative at this point is to go get some blood work done. I read online that thyroid might cause sticky skin and hormones so blood work here i come. I will post results on here when I'm done.

Thanks for sharing. Good to know it most likely isn't contagious or water related. Much appreciate your info. I'll be anxious to hear if your blood work is helpful. I've wondered about hormones. There are lots of different hormones. Hopefully you'll see someone who specializes in that area to know what hormones to test and how to evaluate.

Dr wasn't sure what kind of hormones to test so we went through trying to figure out what would be most likely so we just checked male hormones and my thyroid. Both came back normal so I guess it isnt that. Maybe it could be a different hormone i suppose but i wouldn't even know where to begin. So now as far as my case goes I really don't know what else to do. I have been to 5 different Doctors and eliminated fungal, bacterial, hormonal, thyroid issues. Figured out its not water, or the fact that i was drinking diet soda for a while. i tried all kinds of home remedy type stuff from dandruff shampoo to vinegar. What else is there? I've decided to just stop trying to treat it at all and take no vitamins no medication of any kind and not use dandruff shampoo. Basicly no chemicals on me at all. I don't really know what else to do. Hell maybe i will even detox. i considered acupuncture as well. There must be SOMETHING that will help.

I was going to tell you to specifically ask about the hormone Aldosterone, but I didn't. The reason is that I contacted Dr. Norm Shealy (check him out online) by email with my 'sticky skin' problem and he told me to tap on the meridian points for 'the ring of water'. He also has essential oils to use when tapping on specific 'rings'. I've been too undisciplined to follow-thru, but it's on my list.
An Aldosterone imbalance is related to 'ring of water' dysfunction in the body, and by tapping on the specific meridian points it's suppose to rebalance the hormone. I tried acupuncture for a while, but might have quit too soon. Too expensive for me. The body is so complex it's hard to know what to test for, and if the right testing is being done. Keep me posted. I'll get serious with the tapping and report back if successful.

When going out in the sun, what SPF do you put on?:

Did you know that your Internet Browser is out of date?

We're sorry to inform you that you're using a really old web browser and we are unable to support it anymore. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. -The EmpowHER Development Team

By closing this window, you acknowledge your experience on this website may be degraded

Close this window