Is anyone taking estriol to manage their MS?

By May 30, 2011 - 8:51am

It was suggested that I might better benefit from taking estriol than Rebif since it is known that women who have ms no longer exhibit symptoms when they are pregnant. I understand this approach is used in parts of Europe and that their are clinical trials in the USA right now. However, my doctor (not my neurologist), who practices more wholistic medicine, suggested I might want to try estriol. She feels it is safe in the doses given and for the fact that it is an estrogen that is "weak", unlike other estrogens.

I am currently using estriol cream and progesterone cream. Also still using Rebif. I just started the creams as prescribed by doctor who believes in the holistic approach as well. Did you decide to start them? So far, no change but I just had my third child 4 months ago so I am still dealing with the relapse effects that I had.

Hi Sophie

Thanks for your post! I have also heard great things about Estriol being used in the treatment of MS.

I hope that others with MS read your post and add their experiences to this thread. In the meantime, you can read a very positive research study here: http://todaywithms.blogspot.com/2010/04/estriol-for-ms.html

Multiple Sclerosis

Multiple Sclerosis Guide