Anyone using the Mirena IUD have a hyper sex drive?? Mines is higher then normal

By March 15, 2012 - 8:32am

Im 29yrs old and I have had the Mirena for about 2yrs now. I've always had a high sex drive but lately it has been higher then normal. My fiancé and I could have sex that night and after where done I'm like ready to go another round. I can wake up the next morning and would want to have sex. My normal sex drive is usually 2-3x daily and has been like that for years but now it's like I must have sex 3-4x daily (morning, afternoon, evening, and night). I'm not bipolar nor was I ever diagnosed with it. I have been diagnosed with anxiety but its mild I only experience anxiety when I have to fly thats the only time I take anxiety meds. Can someone please explain?? Is it possible that I have that hyperactive sexual disorder??

As a future health professional, I do believe that changes in the body happen frequently especially as you age. Just because you've been on the Mirena for two years does not necessarily throw out the fact that it may have caused an increase in your sex drive. You can never predict when your body will develop a sensitivity to something, it can literally occur at anytime. I got the Mirena inserted about 4 days ago and I was shocked because my sex drive has been through the roof since about 24 hours after it was inserted.

Hi Jania82

You increased libido is less likely to be due to Mirena since this is a recent increase and you've been on Mirena for two years and the increase is only slight.

Some men and woman have a very strong sex drive; you may be one of them.

If having sex three times a day is working for you and your partner, there should not be an issue. But if it is causing problems in your life, then you should talk to your doctor about it.