Anyone using the Mirena IUD have a low sex drive? Mine is almost non existant! :o(

By Kara April 24, 2009 - 1:10pm

Anonymous

Okay, so after months of turmoil and chaos, my ex girlfriend says she made an appointment to get the mirena out after she comes back from Greece in about a month. This thing has been nothing but trouble. She gained around 20 pounds according to her, she was tired a lot, and got lazy with a lot of things. She was also irritable and depressed at times. I cant wait until she gets the mirena taken out so our relationship actually has a chance. Prayers and well wishes are much appreciated!

Anonymous

I gave the mirena a chance for 1 year and i hated it! Never wanted sex, hated cuddling, kissing, everything!!! Had it removed 3 weeks ago and am back to being able to have sex and cuddle my hubby

Oh my gosh! I thought something was wrong with me. I'm so happy (not really 'happy', but you know what I mean) that this is somewhat normal on the IUD. I just got married and feel so terrible, but I don't want to be touched by my husband, let alone have sex. Thank you for your post!

Chikiz

I lost my sex drive 100% I haven't had sex in 8 months :( I'm thinking of removing the mirena

Anonymous (reply to Chikiz)

Best thing I ever did! My sexdrive is back! My husband is so happy

how long did it take? We are at 5 months now and just a glimpse or 2. I am growing very impatient. Is there medication or something we should try? She had it in 5 years so maybe it takes time to work out of her system?
I don't know, we are in counseling, but I am having a terrible time.

Took 9 months to be back to normal. We have sex 3-4 times a week. Such a difference from my Mirena days.

Anonymous (reply to Chikiz)

Do it, you won't regret it!

Anonymous

I'm 25 years old, in a relationship for almost five years with the most amazing man. I had the Mirena inserted about two or three years ago after I had an abortion. My sex drive plummeted, I got very emotionally unstable and it was only up until a few months ago I started to link it with the insertion of the Mirena. My bf has been extremely supportive and patient with me, but we were on the verge of a break up. I had intimacy issues whereas I couldn't even enjoy just kissing and cuddling because I was afraid he'd want to have sex and I really didnt feel like it, ever... When on, what's left of, my period, I feel really depressed, I feel the whole world hates me... I also experienced the headaches and just the lack of passion in and for life.
My boyfriend is getting a vasectomy next month and I had the Mirena removed yesterday. I don't want any more hormones in my body, guess we'll have to use the good old condom for a few months. I don't know if it was because of the pressure being gone but I already initiated sex yesterday night. I love my bf and I feel so bad he felt so unattractive for so long...
It's horrible to think nobody seems to get well-informed about the Mirena before having it inserted... It almost brought me to tears when I read this man's comment stating that probably a lot of marriages/relationships ended because of this stupid plastic thing that messes with every fibre in your body...

Omg! My husband wonders why I can't relax and why I cringe when he touches me. I feel the same way, that he is going to want sex and I don't want to. I just want to want it again!! This has put a huge distance in our relationship.