Anyone using the Mirena IUD have a low sex drive? Mine is almost non existant! :o(

By Kara April 24, 2009 - 1:10pm

Anonymous

I gave the mirena a chance for 1 year and i hated it! Never wanted sex, hated cuddling, kissing, everything!!! Had it removed 3 weeks ago and am back to being able to have sex and cuddle my hubby

Oh my gosh! I thought something was wrong with me. I'm so happy (not really 'happy', but you know what I mean) that this is somewhat normal on the IUD. I just got married and feel so terrible, but I don't want to be touched by my husband, let alone have sex. Thank you for your post!

Chikiz

I lost my sex drive 100% I haven't had sex in 8 months :( I'm thinking of removing the mirena

Anonymous (reply to Chikiz)

Best thing I ever did! My sexdrive is back! My husband is so happy

how long did it take? We are at 5 months now and just a glimpse or 2. I am growing very impatient. Is there medication or something we should try? She had it in 5 years so maybe it takes time to work out of her system?
I don't know, we are in counseling, but I am having a terrible time.

Took 9 months to be back to normal. We have sex 3-4 times a week. Such a difference from my Mirena days.

Anonymous (reply to Chikiz)

Do it, you won't regret it!

Anonymous

I'm 25 years old, in a relationship for almost five years with the most amazing man. I had the Mirena inserted about two or three years ago after I had an abortion. My sex drive plummeted, I got very emotionally unstable and it was only up until a few months ago I started to link it with the insertion of the Mirena. My bf has been extremely supportive and patient with me, but we were on the verge of a break up. I had intimacy issues whereas I couldn't even enjoy just kissing and cuddling because I was afraid he'd want to have sex and I really didnt feel like it, ever... When on, what's left of, my period, I feel really depressed, I feel the whole world hates me... I also experienced the headaches and just the lack of passion in and for life.
My boyfriend is getting a vasectomy next month and I had the Mirena removed yesterday. I don't want any more hormones in my body, guess we'll have to use the good old condom for a few months. I don't know if it was because of the pressure being gone but I already initiated sex yesterday night. I love my bf and I feel so bad he felt so unattractive for so long...
It's horrible to think nobody seems to get well-informed about the Mirena before having it inserted... It almost brought me to tears when I read this man's comment stating that probably a lot of marriages/relationships ended because of this stupid plastic thing that messes with every fibre in your body...

Omg! My husband wonders why I can't relax and why I cringe when he touches me. I feel the same way, that he is going to want sex and I don't want to. I just want to want it again!! This has put a huge distance in our relationship.

Anonymous

I am experiencing the low sex drive as well with the mirena I don't know what to do. I have tried numerous other birth controls which none have worked better than the mirena but I feel so bad for my other half he feels unwanted and thinks I'm cheating on him which I totally am not! I don't want to get it removed but I also don't want him to feel like that I am completely torn....