Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: Anyone using the Mirena IUD have a low sex drive? Mine is almost non existant! :o(

By Kara

Anonymous

Wow! I was wondering if my Mirena was the issue with my lowered sex drive. I used to have quite a high sex drive, and now it's completely non-existent. I thought for a while it was just that I was wore out with being a new mom, full time student and part time employee, but then I started wondering if it could have something to do with the Mirena too. I know for a fact it caused me to have carpal tunnel, a side effect the company that makes Mirena does not recognize, but many women complain of getting after receiving the implant. I want to get this little sucker removed, but after reading some of these comments I'm a bit scared of the "transition" period.

JachChic08 (reply to Anonymous)

I had mine took out a few weeks ago, it doesn't hurt getting took out and theres a big relief after it is removed. I instantly felt like my old self.

Hey there, I had the mirena for 2 years I just had it removed Feb 4, 2013. That thing lowered my sex drive, caused so much abdomin pain, pain during and after sex, it made me very just bitchy and I stopped crying which I read that that happened to someone else on this thread.. Crazy I know. Well I've had it out for 2 weeks now and I don't have the random abdominal pain. The first few days I had no motivation I'm slowly getting it back.. It's a transition just like anything else in life.. You do what's best for you but think about the long run and the possibilities of that awful thing possibly migrating and needing surgery.. Best of luck to you darlin.

Freda Myers

I have had the mirena in for 2yrs. I got pregnet and had my daughter in 2010. I had a very good sex drive before i got the mirena put in. Now i have no sex drive. The is really not good. Please tell me what i can do to help my problem

Tammy Wright (reply to Freda Myers)

have the mirena removed

BrendaL (reply to Tammy Wright)

Switch to paraguard, it is hormone free and can be used for 10 years. I t cannot possible effect your sex drive, because it is just the copper on it, no side-effects!

Ithinkilostmymojo

I have my marina for 7 years. during the 7 years, my sex drive was normal, never an issue. I had it removed a month ago. I haven't really put the signs together until this morning, but I noticed that things are definitely different now. I'm not getting aroused with situations when I normally would have. I have no desire to get aroused at all. Good thing I'm single at the moment, because some of the post that I've just read on here, I would hate for my spouse to think.

Really I just wanted to say, I'm glad I found people with the same problem as me, and I'm not alone. thank you all for being so open. I'll just sit around patiently, waiting for my mojo to return =/

Anonymous

Ok ladies, I had that dreadful thing (mirena) taken out this past Monday feb 4th... Since then I have not been myself. Anyone else have it taken out and not been there self?? I just feel out of sorts no motivation.. Just wondering how long this may last.. I had it in for 2 years, I realize my hormones need time to fix themselves... Any help would be nice.

Tammy Wright (reply to Anonymous)

I had mine removed on January 31. My doctor told me that it would take up to 2 weeks for the hormones that the mirena released to be completely out of my system.

So now your body is still ridding itself of the hormones and after that it will slowly "heal" itself, how long that will take depends on each person. Keep your chin up, it will get better!

FYI - for the first week I felt the same as you, no motivation; but I forced myself to do things, and found that once I did I felt better. I was also a bucket of emotions on about the 3rd day post mirena. But at least I could finally cry, I hadn't been able to do that in close to 2 years! I drank lots of water trying to help "flush" my system of the effects of this nasty thing. I am on week 2 now, and feel tired most of the time but things will get better.

Your body needs the time that it needs to recover; 1 week may not be enough. give it a few weeks. Give yourself the time. Be patient. Drink a lot of fluids.

How do you control your PMS?: