Anyone using the Mirena IUD have a low sex drive? Mine is almost non existant! :o(

By April 24, 2009 - 1:10pm

Anonymous

After two years of severe pains during my period, ovulation and sometimes in between causing an increased use of painkillers, as well as prolonged periods and a normally high sex drive completely gone, making me feel like there's something wrong with me, I finally got an appointment to have it removed next week. I hope it will have the same effect for me and my incredibly patient partner. Fingers crossed!

Just a little update: I had it removed about a month ago and already in the following week, I could feel my sex drive return. Now, I'm basically back to normal already. Also, all of my pains have disappeared completely.

So thankful I finally had it taken out! (And so is my boyfriend).

I'm glad to hear your sex drive returned. I have an appointment in two weeks and my biggest fear is that my sex drive won't return. We used to have so much fun and now it really feels like a chore. Overall, I just don't feel like myself 100% and I'm ready to have this thing OUT.

Anonymous

Okay, so after months of turmoil and chaos, my ex girlfriend says she made an appointment to get the mirena out after she comes back from Greece in about a month. This thing has been nothing but trouble. She gained around 20 pounds according to her, she was tired a lot, and got lazy with a lot of things. She was also irritable and depressed at times. I cant wait until she gets the mirena taken out so our relationship actually has a chance. Prayers and well wishes are much appreciated!

Anonymous

I gave the mirena a chance for 1 year and i hated it! Never wanted sex, hated cuddling, kissing, everything!!! Had it removed 3 weeks ago and am back to being able to have sex and cuddle my hubby

Oh my gosh! I thought something was wrong with me. I'm so happy (not really 'happy', but you know what I mean) that this is somewhat normal on the IUD. I just got married and feel so terrible, but I don't want to be touched by my husband, let alone have sex. Thank you for your post!

I lost my sex drive 100% I haven't had sex in 8 months :( I'm thinking of removing the mirena

Anonymous (reply to Chikiz)

Best thing I ever did! My sexdrive is back! My husband is so happy

how long did it take? We are at 5 months now and just a glimpse or 2. I am growing very impatient. Is there medication or something we should try? She had it in 5 years so maybe it takes time to work out of her system?
I don't know, we are in counseling, but I am having a terrible time.

Took 9 months to be back to normal. We have sex 3-4 times a week. Such a difference from my Mirena days.