arachnoid cysts

I have arachnoid cysts in the brain and sometimes I have headache vomiting disturbance in seeing and in balance although I take a medicine It's size about 3.5 × 2.5 and it pressure on the balance nervous

I do not want to make any surgery lwant to take only medicine to decrease the symptoms

I believe there are medications but you need to discuss these with your doctor as everyone is different and treatment with medication will differ from person to person. Please contact your doctor.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

I'm very sorry you're dealing with this, I know these cysts can be of great worry and stress to people, as well as causing pain and discomfort. 

If treatment is needed for an arachnoid cyst, usually the first choice is a fenestration of the cyst. This means going into the brain with a wand and opening up any walls that may have formed inside the cyst. These walls trap the fluid inside the cyst. The idea of this procedure is to get all the cerebral spinal fluid flowing in and out of the cyst efficiently so that the cyst does not continue to grow. If this procedure does not work, a neurosurgeon may decide to put a shunt in. A shunt helps to keep the cyst draining and not allow fluid to build up inside. If the cyst is small enough and in a space on the brain that is not too dangerous to remove, the neurosurgeon may be able to remove it altogether.

Is any of this something you think would work for you, Anon?